Posted on May 23, 2021 by Hadron Finsys GmbH
The Business Analyst - Business Relationship Management (BRM) works closely with business and technical teams to ensure that needs for new or changed systems are clear and that delivered solutions are fit for purpose. The analyst is expected to understand the business capabilities, elicit and document requirements, drive priority setting, assist with implementation, support the business in accepting deliverables, and guide their integration into daily use. The Business Analyst performs the analysis of business requirements that have been assigned to her/him. This work is done in the context of an approved project or a pre-project diagnostic. Accordingly, the first level of reporting may be to a project manager or a business relationship manager. Work may involve independent interaction with staff, consultants, external stakeholders and outsourced systems providers.
- Capture functional and non-functional requirements using a variety of proven techniques to elicit latent needs, test their validity and relevance, resolve conflicts, and guide prioritization.
- Ensure the coverage of all use cases. Capture the as-is and to-be perspective with attention to business processes.
- Coordinate requirements walk-through and sign-offs, verifying with user representatives/stakeholders that use cases and process models accurately depict the business needs. Baseline and manage requirements over time, if required.
- Prepare detailed requirements or functional specification documents which include essential non-functional elements. Takes into consideration existing system components or data interfaces.
- Feasibility studies, fit-gap analyses and developer briefing
- Development of training materials and user documentation
- Guide users in preparing for and conducting User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Aid in knowledge transfer and handover to the operation and support organizations.
- University degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline.
- Advanced degree in data management, business administration, or similar.
- Professional qualification or foundation certification in analysis methodologies such as IIBA-CCBA/CBAP or PMI-BPA.
- At least 5 years of professional experience as a Business Analyst documenting requirements and seeing them transformed into successful solutions.
- Experience working within a project framework (Prince2 or PMI) and interacting closely with IT colleagues
- Experience gained with identity management and trust frameworks
- Experience with agile methods and design thinking
- Experience with international or multinational organizations.
- Expert knowledge in spoken and written English, basic knowledge in French is desirable, but not mandatory.
Other Essential IT Skills: MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.); MS SharePoint, MS Visio, MS Project, MS Teams.
- Strong business/client engagement skills and ability to establish effective working relationships with subject matter experts, conduct interviews, and lead focus groups.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to maintain high efficiency in a multicultural environment.
- Solid analytical skills with demonstrated ability to rapidly gather and consolidate information from multiple sources.
- Excellent writing skills and ability to produce documentation to a high standard.
- Ability to produce user stories, BPMN flows, UML diagrams, wireframes, report mock-ups, and other aides for validating requirements and informing the technical design phase. Comfort with IT processes for project management, change management, and the system development life cycle. Able to converse freely on a range of application and data-oriented technical topic
Location: remote until the pandemic ends, after that Geneva, Switzerland