Oracle DBA Administrator
Posted on May 23, 2021 by I.T. Alliance N.I. Ltd
As an Oracle DBA Admin you will be working either directly with our clients or alongside a Senior DBA as well as the local Developers, reporting into the IT Infrastructure Manager. The role of the Oracle DBA Admin is critical to our consulting and services business and will be instrumental in delivering client projects. The role is both client facing and remote working, providing expert database analysis and support across the organisation.
- Provide Oracle technical assistance to both DBA colleagues and Application Developers via assigned Servicedesk tickets
- Supporting Oracle Databases, Oracle Weblogic and Apache Tomcat Servers
- Database and application performance optimisation and troubleshooting Promote best practices and new methodologies
- A third level qualification in IT or relevant experience
- 5+ years in a similar role with large-scale enterprise applications and databases
- Oracle Certification
- Toad or SQL Developer experience
- Experience of Oracle Forms/Reports/Discoverer
- Strong communications skills to describe, educate and coach others in the implementation of your designs.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong business/customer focus or awareness.
- Excellent knowledge and experience of Oracle 10g > 19c Enterprise Edition database, OEM 12 > 13.4, database performance tuning, RMAN backup and restores
- Oracle RAC, DataGuard and ASM experience essential
- Good knowledge of UNIX and Shell Scripting
- Good knowledge of WebLogic, Apache Tomcat, Fusion Middleware and web services
- Strong business, commercial and risk management awareness with proven ability in the application of technical design governance.
- Technical DBA experience covering a variety of clients and a variety of technical design and implementation of a number of significant projects.