Posted on May 22, 2021 by Ceres Solutions Cooperative, Inc.
FLSA Status: Full Time/Exempt
Reports to: Corporate Controller
Summary: Ceres Solutions Cooperative is looking for a results-driven Staff Accountant to join our team. Our farmer owned cooperative serves customers within the Agronomy, Feed, Grain, Propane, and Refined Fuel industries. The Staff Account supports all divisions within the company and will oversee several high visibility projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists with monthly and year-end financial close procedures
- Process general ledger journal entries
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis and analyze variances
- Provide support for the annual financial audit
- Prepares the internal review report for presentation to the department managers
- Manage all fixed asset policies and procedures
- Prepares annual property tax returns
- Create financial reports, templates or dashboards as needed
- Oversee the training program for Power BI
- Serves as the administrator for various modules within the ERP system
- Supports Corporate Controller and CFO with special projects
- Daily use of Microsoft Office Suite; exhibit a high working knowledge of Excel
- Represent Ceres Solutions professionally in all circumstances
- Create daily positive environment through behaviors, reliable punctuality and familiarity with operations
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in Accounting / Finance or related field
- Previous experience as a Staff Account or related field preferred
- Experience working within a complex ERP system
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Experience using business intelligence tools such as: Power BI, Qlik or Tableau
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment The characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; extreme cold and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Ceres Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. Prospective candidates receive consideration without discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, non-job-related disability, veteran status, other protected group status, or any condition prescribed by state or local law. The company provides Job Descriptions for positions to aid in orienting candidates to potential opportunities. The description identifies basic requirements, criteria and expectations. It also provides a basis for making reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities. Job descriptions are periodically revised, and are not to be considered all-inclusive. This description does not cover every task or duty that might be assigned, and additional responsibilities will be added at the discretion of the Supervisor as necessary. Thank you for your interest in Ceres Solutions.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.