Senior / Principal Engineer - Fintech - Remote, HQ in London - .Net Co
Posted on May 21, 2021 by Ncounter
London, United Kingdom
£80k - £105k Annual
PaaS / Payments as a Service
This role is for an accomplished .Net Engineer who has the ability to lead by example within a Microsoft environment. Working alongside a small team of 12 Engineers (with plans to double within the next 18 months) you will have the opportunity to create new features, design microservices and take ownership of a product that already has a client base utilising an intuitive and industry leading platform for integrated payments globally.
My client is prioritising this hire and intends to build the team out further once they have welcomed a Senior / Principal .Net Engineer who understands .Net Core 5.0 (and is looking into .Net Core 6.0) and likes to keep abreast of the latest technologies. Utilising a variety of different messaging tools and actor models, this is a complex role for someone with a high level of competency and a background creating distributed systems. The cloud environment is Azure and the suite of products are based on solutions that companies can access through cloud native platforms.
- 7+ years' experience with Microsoft technologies
- .Net Core, C# and experience building microservices
- Azure or a background working within a cloud environment
- Creating distributed systems
- Messaging, actor models such as ActiveMQ and or Akka
Nice to have
- Experience working in small / medium sized teams and early-stage environments
- Interest/experience in emerging technologies
- An interest in React, Typescript
- Experience of working to Agile methodologies
- Strong communication skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Experience working within multi-disciplinary and cross functional teams
A background working within .Net & cloud environments for payment solutions would be beneficial but Fintech expertise or specific domain knowledge is not a 'must have' - senior level .Net Core expertise, a passion for writing code for complex technology focused products and an interest in the latest technologies is all you need to bring to the table.