Marketing Manager, Development and Partnerships
Posted on May 21, 2021 by Creative Industries Federation
Marketing Manager, Development and Partnerships
Creative England and the Creative Industries Federation joined forces in 2020 and are now part of the Creative UK group. We are the network for the creative industries and we know that connection changes everything. Our overarching mission is to leverage the economic, social and cultural value of the UK's creative economy to build prosperity and bring communities together. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and talents.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our Development & Partnerships team as our Marketing Manager. This role will take ownership of the marketing strategies for each of the membership tiers and major industry engagement activities, shaping and leading the marketing campaigns to drive awareness. In collaboration with a core brand team you will ensure brand consistency and have the opportunity to develop relationships with some of the most influential organisations and individuals working across the UK's arts and creative sector.
If you thrive in developing strong user journeys as an analytical marketeer then you'll feel at home in this role. You must be driven by gathering and utilising data to increase engagement and confident in understanding our member needs. The ideal candidate will have experience in developing a clear brand, tone, and voice across multiple mediums and platforms.
If you are an experienced marketeer, enjoy working in fast paced dynamic teams and have a passion for the creative sector then we want to hear from you!
LOCATION: UK WIDE*
CONTRACT: Full time fixed term 1 year renewable
SALARY: up to £35,000 dependent on experience + benefits
TO APPLY: Email CV and cover letter* to *
* preference for close proximity to offices currently Bristol, Greater Manchester or London although flexible options considered for the right candidate.
*You also have the option to submit a short up to 3-min video to replace or compliment your cover letter. This should tell us why you are suited to the role, your motivations and anything else you'd like our panel to know!*
*Deadline may close sooner than 13th June 2021
Develop and lead on the marketing strategy for Creative UK's membership, prioritising a demonstration of the value and benefits of membership and driving acquisitions.
Establish and manage the membership's brand, position and voice to include:
- Work with the Development and Partnership team to adapt it for each membership tier
- Ensuring this is central and consistent across all creative projects and platforms, offerings, and fits with the C.UK Strategy.
- Responsible for linking the overall brand and company objectives with the membership offers.
Deliver the communications strategies for each membership tier, delivering a regular schedule of newsletters, news bulletins, and digital comms. Ensuring all membership tiers have clearly defined styles of engagement to demonstrate their distinct value proposition.
Oversee the content strategy for members, including developing, drafting, commissioning authored blog pieces, member spotlights, asset development, and interviews, ensuring consistent brand tone of voice.
Responsible for ensuring a smooth user experience for members through their onboarding, renewal, and offboarding processes, as well as throughout their membership term.
Responsible for increasing measurable and meaningful member engagement. Develop surveys to analyse member satisfaction and demographics.
Responsible for devising strategies to attract new leads and sign-ups to the membership offer through driving traffic online and leading advertising campaigns, this includes:
- Measuring and reporting performance of all marcomms outputs on a monthly basis, and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs) and drive data-driven decision making with regular analytics reviews.
- Working with the core brand team to develop digital advertising campaigns, utilising all digital channels.
Find new and exciting ways to engage our members and industry to drive awareness, conversation and affinity for the Creative UK brand and the work we do.
Work closely and collaboratively across the core brand and comms team to ensure consistency of brand messaging and execute activations, events and strategies.
Provide shared support services during key moments to the brand, comms and events team.
All staff must share our commitment to equal opportunities and promote non-discriminatory practices in all aspects of work undertaken.
This job description is not intended to be either prescriptive or exhaustive; it is issued as a framework to outline the main areas of responsibility at the time of writing
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Demonstratable experience working in a similar role, within a membership organisation desirable
- Strong knowledge of CRM, website, and marketing analytics tools
- Strong copywriting and creative writing skills
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking
- Understanding of brand identity, tone, audience, objectives, and designing content that fits
- A strong record of planning and delivering successful, creative marketing campaigns
- Strong IT skills, including design
- Demonstrable social media literacy and activation skills
- Highly personable with the ability to engage with people at all levels
Knowledgeable - a good knowledge of the creative industries
Skilled communicator - the ability to engage desired audiences through strong narrative
Positive, hard-working and enthusiastic - outgoing, confident and keen to contribute to a productive team environment at a very fast and demanding pace.
Analytical - an ability to extract meaning from data and use this information to develop marketing strategies
Skilled problem solver - finding creative ways to get things done and always looking for ways to improve.
Reliable - with an ability to adapt to constantly developing circumstances and challenges and able to prioritise effectively.
Entrepreneurial spirit - with a growth mindset and collaborative nature.
Keen attention to detail and accuracy- particularly when producing content and reporting
Diversity Changes Everything: We value difference and celebrate the creativity that it brings.
We are committed to improving diversity and inclusion across our organisation and industry by championing a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, identities and talents.