Finance / IDP Analytics Business Partner
Posted on May 20, 2021 by Guidant Global
A leading Real Estate organization are looking to recruit a Finance / IDP Analytics Business Partner.
The Finance / IDP Business Partner has responsibility for ensuring that all analytics solutions are well defined and clearly connected to the company's agreed data architecture to ensure the highest degree of data quality and governance.
You will be the primary point of contact for all analytics across Finance and IDP business functions and be accountable for the delivery and ongoing maintenance of analytics solutions.
You will also develop and deliver solutions that cover all levels of the analytics ladder (descriptive, predictive, prescriptive) and that best practises are applied across the development lifecycle.
Outputs and accountabilities
- Guide and influence senior stakeholders in understanding how they can leverage data for use in a cross section of analytics use cases.
- Manage all analytics queries from the Finance and IDP teams and ensure that the demand and prioritisation process is in place and adhered to.
- Develop analytics solutions in collaboration with the engineering team and through the data management platform.
- Apply expertise in analytics techniques such as data visualisation and data modelling, using tools such as PowerBI and across the AWS stack (Quicksight, Redshift etc).
- Monitor Finance / IDP demand and anticipate any challenges to ensure activities are occurring as planned - reporting on scope, budget and schedule where appropriate.
- Business Partner to align demand from business stakeholders and delivery through challenge and transparency of prioritisation processes.
- Fulfil duties of analytics management team, and actively contribute across Boards and Steering Groups to share analytics deliverables.
- Ensure that all relevant analytics solutions are delivered based on automation and self-serve in aid of end-users.
- Instil the ability to translate reports and data into insightful outcomes which enable operational colleagues to make insight-based decisions and actions.
- Lead in the broad understanding of operational data, to help drive the best use of technology used to run operations within Finance and IDP business functions.
- Lead on the identification, design, and implementation of internal process improvements.
- Lead on defining the Finance and IDP Directorates data requirements and ensure that the required data is of a high quality and optimal for use across the business.
- Collaborate with senior stakeholders and project change colleagues to analyse and understand data sources, participate in design and provide insights.
- Support in evolving and delivering against the Data & Analytics Strategy and roadmap.
- Apply industry best practices and take advantage of relevant trends in analytics and by ensuring their application across the Finance and IDP Analysts community.
Skills / Background
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong capability to convey complex messages in a clear and understandable manner
- Experience of leading and managing a team of analysts
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data
- Strong analytic skills related to working with structured datasets
- A history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets
- Experience working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
- Experience of leading on high impact processes aimed at driving strategic change
This role will have a dotted line relationship with analysts employed within Finance and IDP Directorates to ensure that the guiding principles of analytics and approach to data management is being correctly applied.