Lead Software Developer
Posted on May 20, 2021 by Sysco Productions Ltd
JOB TITLE: Lead Software Developer
REPORTS TO: Product Director
DEPARTMENT: Research and Development
LOCATION: Primarily Remote / Sysco Productions, GU7 2QA on occasion
KEY RELATIONSHIPS: External Relevant hardware and software market contacts. Internal Leadership Team, Product Director, Engineering, Project
The primary responsibility of the Lead Software Developer is to head up the development effort on Sysco Productions software products and internal tools.
The Lead Software Developer should act as an authority on software development methods and practices, able to understand the goals of the project, as set out by the Product Director, and carry these goals through the project making the best possible decisions on development strategy and implementation, leading to high quality, performant features.
The Lead Software Developer will also work closely with the Product Director on commissions that Sysco Productions receive - initially in coordinating a project programme, then ensuring that quality products are produced for our clients. This may require work in any/all development disciplines - lighting, audio, modelling, QA etc.
Finally, the Lead Software Developer will be able to offer knowledge and experience around development practices and infrastructure requirements, both physical and software based, contributing to informed, secure decisions.
- To develop new software features and tools as set out by the Leadership team and Product Director.
- To work on Sysco Productions commissions, across all disciplines, as directed by the Product Director or Design Manager .
- To build understanding of key AV technologies and their relevance to Sysco design and integration work, the capabilities and challenges associated with them, and how these can be represented virtually.
- To ensure development progress is secure, backed up, and maintained.
- To share skills and knowledge with other developers on the team.
- To act as an ambassador for good development practices to any junior developers or contractors on the development team.
- To bring attention to development areas that require external support.
- Assist with packaging workloads, and review external deliverables.
- On occasion, to offer support to the sales team on pricing commissions.
- 5+ years software development experience within 3D engines
- In engine lighting knowledge and experience
- 3D modelling software experience
- Basic audio editing and processing experience
- Basic graphic design knowledge and experience
- Knowledge of video processing, codecs and formats
- Knowledge and experience of video streaming technologies
- Knowledge and experience of cloud based source control platforms
- Excellent multitasking skills with the ability to manage and prioritise workload
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Knowledge of AV project structures, key stakeholders and their roles
- Knowledge and experience of audio middleware platforms
- Knowledge and experience of developing for VR platforms
- Relevant AV hardware knowledge and experience
- Extended programming skills and experience - (C++ , C# , HLSL, CUDA, etc)
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£50k - £60k Annual
£80k - £90k Annual
£40k - £60k Annual
£55k - £70k Annual
£55k - £62k Annual
£50k - £55k Annual
£55k - £65k Annual
£75k - £120k Annual
£500 - £500 Daily