Telecom 5G Solution Architect - Dutch or French speaking role
Posted on May 20, 2021 by ComTech Europe Limited
In order to reinforce their team, my client are looking for an experienced Telecom 5G Project Architect/Solution Architect. candidates must speak fluent English and either Dutch or French. Some Remote work is possible along with onsite work in Brussels required.
They are building the best Gigabit Network for Belgium & accelerating the fiber and 5G roll-out. This network will be unmatched in terms of capabilities, We will operate like a digital native company, becoming leaner, Legacy free and truly fit for a digital world. As Solution Architect, you will help translate those complex & new business needs into end-to-end IT solutions.
The solution architect team currently counts 45 specialists & experts. It is working in IT solutions supporting areas such as new digital approaches, sales and customer service, the fixed and mobile networks of the future (Fibre & 5G) and innovative solutions for the residential (eg Android TV,...), professional (eg ICT workplace, security, SD-WAN,...) and wholesale market.
As solution architect, operating in agile context, you are in contact with multiple stakeholders: network, product and services, process experts, IT experts, latest digital technologies, AI... You drive those interactions & help assess functional & non-functional requirements, cost versus benefit It will be key to understand what the business needs and together with the Domain & Application Analysts define efficient IT solutions. They must be future proof & aligned with the Enterprise Architecture.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Understand, Analyse and challenge the business needs.
- Do the first evaluation of the business request and determine a high level solution & costs (Intake process)
- Elaborate the end to end Solution Architecture in close collaboration with the IT delivery teams taking into account business (functional) and operational (non-functional) requirements.
- Design the solution aligned with the target architecture defined by the Enterprise Architect.
- Support the solution development, testing and implementation.
- Share your experience with your colleague Project Architects.
- Support the test managers to define the testing strategy & scenarios
- Engineer in Telecommunications/IT or equivalent by experience
- A minimum 3 years' experience in a similar role (IT architect, business architect, solution architect) within the telecommunication sector and with previous 5G knowledge.
- Background as Senior Functional Analyst is also good
- Your extravert approach gives you the capability to build a network within the company.
- Capacity to work autonomously but also in team.
- Thirsty to learn with an open, analytical, creative mind.
- Result oriented
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Able to negotiate in order to resolve conflicts and drive to decisions
- Experience in Agile is an asset for the position.
Fluent English is required, as well as very good written and verbal knowledge of either French or Dutch.