Software Project Manager
Posted on May 19, 2021 by Propeller Studios
Software Project Manager
About Propeller Studios Ltd
Propeller Studios Ltd is a successful and growing cloud-based SaaS IT software business, based in Hitchin, Hertfordshire. Established in 2001, it has provided business operations and document management software for 20 profitable years. Our applications are used by many UK and International companies for the purpose of business operations and tender management.
Description of role
The Software Project Manager will be responsible for managing a portfolio of projects that have already been identified within our development roadmap. They will report directly to the Operations Director.
The successful candidate will have a high degree of technical competence with IT systems and applications, particularly process and time orientated software.
They will be expected to produce detailed delivery programmes for each development concepts to include milestone delivery targets. All projects will include testing at key stages and be supported with cost and time estimates. When approved by the board, they will manage the works packages to completion. They will be required to report back to the Board with successes & challenges on a monthly cycle.
They will be expected to exhibit excellent leadership qualities and use their project management skills to motivate and encourage a team of intelligent development staff.
Commercial experience in developing software would be a benefit.
Summary of key responsibilities
- Project Management of design concepts to a successful conclusion;
- Exhibit excellent communications skills with development staff and senior management;
- Accurate reporting skills and articulation of key challenges and risks;
- Leading and inspiring our team of developers to even greater success;
Description of the skills and qualities needed for the role:
The Software Project Manager will have valid and current experience in the role and ideally a bachelor's degree in a IT related subject. Possessing a good working familiarity with all of the relevant systems and software required to deliver consistent excellence in the role, they must also have a proven track record of highly effective people management and possess excellent organisational, project and time management skills.
The successful candidate for this role will have:
- A track record of success in managing IT Projects;
- Possess a bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in a relevant academic discipline;
- Will have high quality people management and leadership skills as demonstrated in other organisations;
- Evidence of the ability to deliver successful projects;
- High quality communication skills across the full range of channels;
Salary: £60,000 per annum, Staff Bonus Scheme, Nest Pension Scheme