Mainframe Hardware Planner
Posted on May 19, 2021 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*We are unable to sponsor for this permanent Full time role*
Prestigious Financial Institution is currently seeking a Mainframe Hardware Planner. Candidate is responsible for installation of new Mainframe Servers, maintaining Microcode Change Levels (MCLs) and coordinating/tracking Mainframe server hardware break/fix activities.
- Works with Mainframe infrastructure teams and IBM to identify configuration requirements, determine installation timelines, identify data center cabling requirements and facilitate implementation of server refreshes.
- Researches available MCL levels working with Mainframe teams and IBM to identify and plan next levels for deployment.
- Tracks all Mainframe server hardware issues and facilitates breakfix activities.
- Coordinates all Mainframe hardware activities with various teams including Mainframe Services, Hardware Technical Support, Product Management, IBM, Command Center Operations, Data Center Infrastructure Recovery (DCIR), and Data Center Strategic Planning teams.
- 3 years of experience supporting System z hardware or software technology.
- Be able to demonstrate working knowledge of System z technologies.
- Experience leading large complex Mainframe projects.
- Proficient in MS Office Tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- Excellent verbal and written communication Skills
- Ability to work closely with technicians from various infrastructure teams
- Ability to work in a 24x7 on call support environment
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Experience working with IBM hardware configurations, MCL maintenance, I/O gens and Mainframe server installations
- Basic understanding of z/OS, CICS, DB2, IMS or MQ