Application Support Engineer
Posted on May 18, 2021 by Dye & Durham
Why this role is important to us.
Our UK Technology team are charged with building and operating the digital platforms Dye & Durham UK provide to legal professionals and businesses across the UK and the Republic of Ireland.
The role of our Application support Engineers is twofold.
Firstly, to provide rapid resolution to issues raised by or on behalf of customers using the group's suite of systems and software platforms.
Secondly to liaise with third party suppliers and internal colleagues to facilitate changes or improvements to products and processes.
The need to minimise system downtime, limit the need to implement technology changes and maximise our responsiveness to customer requirements means that the job holder will be required to work to challenging Service Levels from time to time.
As a part of our maintenance team:
- Monitor maintenance and support queues.
- Address customer queries, undertake bug fixes, perform maintenance tasks, develop reports, and perform minor feature enhancements.
- Build processes and utilities to improve the speed and accuracy of our maintenance service.
- Perform after hours support, releases, incident resolution and emergency changes as required.
- Visit our offices as and when required to engage with colleagues and business functions.
- Be the first recipient of notifications from third party suppliers of product issues, changes, and events.
- Liaise with suppliers to understand the scope of any changes, analyse any impacts to our systems and data, and disseminate information and actions to colleagues.
What does good look like?
- I have a professional and proactive attitude.
- I have a strong understanding of our platforms and how they work, as well as the activities they perform, across all areas of our business.
- I can competently support end users and customers of our platforms.
- I can undertake the investigation and resolution of issues with the operation of those platforms.
- I use my initiative and best judgement to escalate issues as necessary at the same time as offering clear options for resolution if possible.
- I achieve SLA's and target KPI's set.
- I have built good relationships with people at all levels of the organisation and help make a difference to our company and our customers.
- My knowledge of the organisation, our customers and products and the method in which we deliver them is constantly developing.
- I demonstrate an appetite to absorb my colleagues' knowledge and experience with a view to broadening my range of responsibilities and sharing the workload.
- Similarly, I share my own knowledge and experience with my peers.
The key people I work with.
I work within the maintenance team, with product teams, as well as with other technical teams, to help ensure the success of our platforms and delivery of products for our customers.
I work with our sales, commercial, operational and back-office teams to ensure that our platforms continue to support the roles in delivering for our customers.
- An in-depth knowledge of the company's systems and processes (PIE)
- You will have an in depth understanding of our products, how they are ordered and delivered, and how to support customers regarding their interaction with our ordering and fulfillment systems.
- Experience in building scripts, utilities, and tools to help improve application support functions.
- Understanding of agile delivery, testing, and software delivery
- Understanding of ITIL processes
- 2 years' experience in an application support role
- Experience dealing with and managing relationships with external clients or suppliers
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£41k - £48k Annual
£35k - £50k Annual
£40k - £45k Annual
£30k - £45k Annual
£40k - £60k Annual
£22k - £30k Annual
£34k - £38k Annual
£25k - £25k Annual
£22k - £25k Annual
£30k - £35k Annual