Senior Automation Engineer
Posted on May 18, 2021 by Elevate Direct
Senior Automation Engineer - VMWare
Citco is a global leader in fund services, corporate governance and related asset services with staff across 80 offices worldwide. With more than $1 trillion in assets under administration, we deliver end-to-end solutions and exceptional service to meet our clients' needs.
About the Team & Business Line:
Proprietary software solutions and innovation are at the core of what differentiates Citco in the alternative investment space. Through our network of global development centres, Citco invests heavily in technology development, security, and infrastructure to ensure our clients continue to receive award-winning products that underpin our commitment to service excellence.
Automation Engineering is a strategic function that is being expanded in the Technology Operations group. Technology Operations provide infrastructure services, and support technical operations, to ensure delivery of stable, secure and performant products to our customers. Automation Engineering is a transformative role within Technology Operations, working to apply automated solutions to infrastructure and operational challenges.
As a VMware Automation Engineer you will leverage various tools such as PowerCLI, Ansible, Tower (AWX), SCCM, and powershell scripts to offer successful automation strategies and solutions for Technology Operations globally within the Windows server realm.
- You will be using Ansible playbooks, PowerCLI, PowerShell or python scripts, identify, groom, and create automation solutions within Technology Operations, such as Infrastructure as code (IaC) deployments, continuous enforcements, monitoring and infrastructure operations by working with various Citco teams.
- You will fulfil existing automation requests from a Jira backlog.
- You will participate in peer code reviews (pull requests) to ensure technical and operational code integrity.
- You will document new and existing automation solutions.
- You will contribute on Administration and maintenance of automation platforms such as Ansible Tower, SCCM.
- You have 5+ years of hands-on experience in automation and/or coding and Windows server administration.
- You have proficiency in: PowerCLI, vSphere REST API, Ansible playbooks, PowerShell and Python.
- You have experience in work management tools (Jira), Documentation/Wikis (Confluence), SCM (BitBucket).
- You have excellent communication skills; ability to collaborate with customers to find optimal automation solutions.
- You have ability to engineer and propose new automation solutions.
You have experience in any of the following, or similar, is a plus:
- Develop custom Ansible modules
- HPE Simplivity
- VMware vSAN
- Experience using REST APIs
- Experience with Nutanix Prism
- Foundation knowledge of cloud computing platforms (AWS, Azure)
- You are self-motivated, innovative and analytical with strong attention to detail and the ability to think laterally for problem solving.
Your wellbeing is of paramount importance to us, and central to our success. We provide a range of benefits, training and education support, and flexible working arrangements to help you achieve success in your career while balancing personal needs. Ask us about specific benefits in your location. We recognize diversity as a source of organizational pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation's evolving diversity in the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Citco welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection.
If you match these requirements, please apply. Elevate will send you an email. Please open, click and complete required tasks so your application will be visible to the hiring organisation directly. Elevate is a software partner and not a recruitment agency. Please contact employers directly through your Elevate profile with any queries related to your application.