Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery Analyst III
Posted on May 18, 2021 by Request Technology
*We are unable to sponsor as this is a permanent full time role*
A prestigious fortune 500 is on the search for a Business Continuity Disaster Recovery Analyst III. This person will be 3 days remote and 2 days onsite. This is a technical Disaster recovery analyst position and this analyst needs to be able to write DR plans and execute them. This person will be using tools like Everbridge MIR3 to read emails, etc. They will make sure the client is up to date with all their DR plans.
- Works with business teams across the global organization to execute the ES Business Continuity Management program framework, extending processes as necessary to help business partners identify confidentiality, availability and integrity risk and manage mitigation to an acceptable level.
- Determining and evaluating the current state of Business Continuity (BC), Crisis Management (CM), Business Impact Analysis (BIA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) planning within assigned Company GIS departments and help facilitate the improvement and maintenance of each of those plans, taking into account best practices, industry standards and critical areas of focus for COMPANY.
- Implementation and maintenance of a Business Continuity Automated Notification system.
- Participate in testing and training exercises for all Company entities as defined by Executive Leadership.
- Support and improve BC/DR document repository.
- Identify changes required to improve BC/DR plans and validate those plan changes with live tests and tabletop exercises with various areas of the global business.
- Oversee and guide the creation of BC/DR Plan reviews throughout COMPANY to ensure necessary documentation is kept up to date.
- Participate in the testing and validation of these plans and work with teams to ensure they are viable and meet Internal Audit and regulatory compliance obligations.
- Participate in the development and maintenance of escalation procedures for Contact Center emergencies.
- Participate in the development, documentation and training of team members on an Automated Notification System.
- Development and maintenance of BC/DR training programs for all COMPANY departments and locations.
- Assist in BC/DR support for the COMPANY key locations.
- Assist with periodic call notification tests with all departments, including C-level executives.
- Work to maintain BC Intranet website and other communications channels and repositories.
- Provides inputs to global business continuity management processes in developing controls needed for the mitigation of risks for business processes which are not compliant with information security and risk frameworks
- Assist other team members within the business organization in assessing risk, developing appropriate controls and advising on creation of action plans to address gaps.
- Collaboratively works to influence and socialize ES strategies, standards, policies, procedures, communications and governance.
- Provides guidance with respect to needed changes to established IT Security policies based on day-to-day interactions with Company businesses.
- Provides advice to global business units on actions needed to align business requirements with relevant global security frameworks, standards, policies, and procedures.
- Proactively provides relevant inputs to the global risk framework based on the latest government and industry information regarding new threats and vulnerabilities and communicate relevant information to appropriate teams, soliciting action plans if needed.
- Coordinates deployment and measurement of security and business continuity awareness efforts across Company global business units
- Works closely with global business, contract and legal teams to assess proposed terms and conditions, align with appropriate risk profile and provide feedback on changes needed.
- Aligns individual goals to IS GRC, BCM & RIM team goals with S.MA.R.T. objectives
- Recognizes opportunities to balance risk and creativity in quickly responding to business opportunities
- Serves as subject matter expert in providing advice to global business units regarding compliance with applicable frameworks including ISO 27001, ISO 22301, NFPA 1600, NIST Cybersecurity Framework (CSF), Cloud Controls Matrix (CCM) and standards including the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) as well as other frameworks and standards as required.
- Functions with a high degree of autonomy; generally, requires little or no guidance.
- Works on assignments where the business and technology problems, opportunities, and solutions may be somewhat unclear and the stakes and visibility are moderate, and the risk of failure is moderate.
- Business Process Modeling Expert in most sub-business unit processes and working knowledge of other sub-BU processes. Able to effectively document and communicate them with key stakeholders
- Functional Configuration Defines, performs, and documents complex functional configurations
- Use Cases/User Stories In areas where a Portfolio Manager is not allocated. Writes stories and ensures integrity of stories across the sub-business unit. Writes and validates acceptance criteria within area of expertise. Grooms and maintains use cases.
- Logical Data Model Identify opportunities for re-use and sharing
- Business Case (assistance) Provides insight on backlog, prioritization, and additional potential opportunities
- Business Value Articulation Helps to define business value for key activities or features. Shares BV with teams and stakeholders.
- End User Training Materials Creates new training materials. Identifies need and integrates collaboration of cross functional training materials.
- Problem Solving Ensures resolution at the root of the issue
- Communications Assists in preparing communications to both inform and request action associated with delivering new capabilities and address problems.
- College degree or equivalent with emphasis on Computer Science courses.
- Candidate should have great inter-personal skills and be a self-starter.
- Good verbal and written communication, facilitation, and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, etc.).
- Knowledge of project and program management is a plus.
- BCCP (Business Continuity Certified Planner), BCCS (Business Continuity Certified Specialist) or BCCE (Business Continuity Certified Expert) preferred.
- Experience working with ISO 27001, ISO 22301 (or similar) security framework, OCTAVE, FAIR, NIST, NFPA, RMF standards in operational IT environment preferred
- Operational experience in applying risk frameworks to technologies (including cloud, containers) and continuous processes (including DevOps and Agile software deployment) very helpful