Data Monitoring/Maintenance (SAP) - Remote
Posted on May 18, 2021 by WA Consultants
Required for a six month initial remote-based contract, a Data Maintenance and Monitoring consultant to join an established team within Data Foundation in AI, Analytics and Data domain. The team is responsible for execution of master data maintenance as well as master data quality with primary expertise in several various data objects within SAP ECC and MDG. This includes establishing and improving master data processes, establishing master data quality metrics and KPI's, performing root cause analysis on master data related problems and responsibility for development of methodology and tools for master data maintenance and data quality.
Consultants should ideally have experience in SAP (Preferably in MM/SD) and have experience of retail and interfaces to/from SAP handling Master data.
- Perform root-cause analysis on master data-related and system integration problems; recommend and execute corrective actions
- Understand how Articles are created and maintained in MDG and ECC.
- Support stakeholders with data related issues and train end-users if needed
- Work with team to establish and improve Master data maintenance processes
- Work with team to establish master data quality metrics and targets.
- Develop data quality KPI's and establish processes to continuously monitor data quality.
- Drive improvements on both technical- and process side
- Development of methodology and tools for master data maintenance and data quality follow up
Specific skills, mandatory requirements:
- Experience with SAP MM and Retail Master data, MDG experience will be added benefit.
- Basic knowledge about customized solution, and ability to understanding of master data like Article, Customer/Supplier and their characteristics.
- Understanding of Enterprise structure
- Basic experience with inbound and outbound interfaces
- Knowledge in the areas of ABAP and/or integrations
- Understating of data sensitivity and handling
- Problem solving skills and ability to work in a cross-functional team
- Good experience in programming/logic building
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Good MS Office Skills, insights need to be presented and visualized + advanced Excel skills
- Ability to work to deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Thorough and detail-oriented
- Communication skills - can explain complex concepts and technical issues in laymen terms, can translate business requirements to technical specifications
- Ability to interact with a wide range of stakeholder across different function and countries
- Experience and/or interest to work Agile
- Graduates with IT background, Graduation in any discipline preferably in Engineering
- Certification in any programming is an advantage, preferably SQL
Tools, mandatory requirements:
- SAP Retail & MM
- MS Office
To arrange an interview, please send CV to (see below) or call Jonathan Taylor.
WA Consultants is an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as described within The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.