Posted on May 17, 2021 by Switchplane
What We Do:
Hey, we are Switchplane, an award-winning custom software agency based across the South East.
Our clients love us... why? Well, we solve problems for them and their businesses. Everything we build is custom-made to give clients what they want.
This could range from a custom ecommerce platform for digital products to a document database for a pump manufacturer.
We work in an agile environment, iteratively developing software over the longer term.
AWS - S3, ECS, Lambda, SQS and others
PHP (modern, the right way)
Useful Things to Know About:
Grunt, Composer, etc
Useful Skills to Have:
Test Driven Development
Code Review Processes
What We Don't Do:
We don't produce Wordpress front end websites, they are boring.
We don't do all nighters, cramming or other agency bullshit.
What We Are Looking For:
A full time web developer to join the Switchplane family and to work on all of our clients' web software and app development projects.
That's not all - we have two internal Saas projects we are building from scratch for you to get involved in.
You will be a team player, and be able to communicate with different people. That could be other devs, operations team, marketing team, or clients.
Don't worry if you are not a guru in all areas. It's better that you are exceptional in a few and can demonstrate your ability to learn rather than being below average across the board. We'll train you.
- Ideally, you should have at least 2 years experience within an agency or an in-house team.
- Experience in working in an Agile environment would be beneficial but is not essential.
Strategic & Communication Skills:
- You enjoy solving problems. Actually, you love solving problems.
- You write clearly and concisely and are comfortable on video calls with colleagues and clients.
- You have a growth mindset
- You understand continuous improvement principles.
- You're not afraid to fail
Salary & Perks:
Salary & Holidays:
Salary is depending on experience and ability ranging from £30k -£40k.
You will have 24 days annual leave in addition to bank holidays.
We have recently transitioned to fully remote, so you have flexible working hours.
- 2 hours of CPD given every sprint for your passion projects or continuous learning.
- Opportunity to grow into a more senior role.
- Post-pandemic, we will organise team meetups and lunch out once per month.
- We offset our carbon footprint as a company, because we actually care about the planet.
- Attend our Summer BBQ and Christmas party day out!
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£40k - £50k Annual
£26k - £32k Annual
£20k - £25k Annual
£25k - £35k Annual
£30k - £40k Annual
£30k - £40k Annual