VelocITy Graduate Programme- Data & AI
Posted on May 17, 2021 by Avanade
Data & AI Graduate Role
Avanade's Data & AI team are looking for ambitious graduates to join an accelerated training programme, to bring their technical passion and skills into our Graduate VelocITy Data Programme this July 2021.
As part of this programme, graduates can expect 3 months of intensive training run in partnership with the well-established training provider QA. The skills and development for this bespoke Avanade training course will set you up for a fantastic long term career in Data & AI with us and help you develop into a fast-track Data and AI consultant. Note this programme has been fully adapted and enhanced since Covid-19 to enable virtual training and engagement until face-to-face engagement is possible again.
The VelocITy Data & AI Graduate Training Program
Technical Training All graduates will take part in an initial 3-month training course in partnership with provider QA. After this you will learn from and shadow consultants in Avanade's Data & AI Teams.
A Soft Skills and Remote Workplace Training Roadmap will help develop consultancy skills ensuring you can confidently deliver advice to customers.
Performance Management: during core training months, your performance will be reviewed through group work and hackathons. You can also expect to work towards Microsoft Azure certifications on the path to becoming a certified Data Engineer or Analyst. You will have an assigned Career Adviser and Buddy through the program and throughout your career at Avanade.
The Avanade Foundation Group: As a graduate on this program, you will be part of a wider Early Talent program sitting alongside other recently onboarded graduates in our Avanade Foundation Group (AFG). The AFG directly supports young talent across the company, ensuring high quality and sustained training, mentoring, support and social engagement. The AFG is a springboard for networking and engagement as you start out at Avanade, integrating you closely with others across the entire business.
- Progressing in your career: upon completing a year in the VelocITy program, your assigned Career Advisor will be on hand to help you decide where you want to go next with your career at Avanade. You will be able to move onto projects within the Data & AI team - this will enable you to use your learning as a fully-fledged consultant! Please see bottom section of this page for more information about Avanade and our Data & AI Team.
Salary and Package : GBP 30,000 (UK) / EUR 35,000 (Ireland) base pay plus extensive benefits, which includes a sign-on bonus, yearly employee benefits allowance, and discretionary company bonus.
- 3 month bespoke QA technical training programme
- BUPA private healthcare
- Accenture Employee Share Scheme
- Pension scheme contributions
- An extended-benefits allowance
- Discretionary performance-related bonus
- 80+ hours of technical training and development courses per consultant per year.
- 8 hours volunteering time (uncapped during Covid-19)
The ideal candidate will have:
Degree : Any enabling demonstration and development of applicable role skills. Examples including but not limited to: Computer Science | Data Science | Engineering (any) | Mathematics | Physics | Natural Sciences | Technology
- 2:1 classification or above
- Evidence of interests and passion in technology
- Readiness to engage with a 3-month training course.
- Ability to adapt and apply existing skills to new learning and technologies
- An analytical mind
- Strong teamwork skills
- Willingness to develop excellent communications skills (your role may develop into client facing positions, so a positive attitude to great communication is important)
- Strong problem-solving skill
- Flexibility to work on different projects and locations
- This is a technical role so willingness to develop skills in the following is necessary: Microsoft technologies: Azure DevOps | Power BI / Power Apps | Python | SQL | Cloud Technologies | AGILE and SCRUM methodologies
The Application Process April - June 2021
- Role Registration: April
- Phone Screening Call with Early Talent Team : April - May
- Invite to Interview: Rolling
- Application Closes: 27 th May
- Assessment Centre : 1st June OR 2nd June
Group Exercise / Interview / Case Study
- Follow up and Feedback: 4 th - 11 th June
- Offers to be accepted: 11 th June
- Pre Onboarding checks: June - July
- VelocITy Programme Onboarding: 12 th July
*Please be advised we cannot sponsor visas for this role*