VelocITy Graduate Programme- Security
Posted on May 17, 2021 by Avanade
Avanade's Security team want passionate graduates to join them now!
We are looking for ambitious graduates to join an accelerated training programme and to bring their technical passion and skills into our Graduate VelocITy Security Programme this July 2021.
As part of this programme, graduates can expect 3 months of intensive training run in partnership with the well-established training provider QA. The skills and development for this bespoke Avanade training course will set you up for a fantastic long term graduate career with us and help you develop into a fast-track Security consultancy career.
This programme has been fully adapted and enhanced since Covid-19 to enable virtual training and engagement until face-to-face engagement is possible again. We hope to be back in the office as soon as guidelines allow.
The VelocITy Security Training Program
Technical training : Avanade have partnered with QA to provide a bespoke training programme. You will have 3 months of training with assigned QA course leaders whilst also getting lots of time to check in with your Avanade Career Advisors, business and Subject Matter Experts- these people will help give you the Avanade spin on all of your learning so each day helps you develop towards your career goals.
An additional Soft Skills and Remote Workplace Training roadmap will help develop consultancy skills ensuring you can confidently deliver advice to customers.
Performance Management: during core training months, your performance will be reviewed through group work and hackathons. You can also expect to complete 2 Microsoft Security certifications. You will have an assigned Career Advisor and Buddy through the program but also throughout your career at Avanade.
The Avanade Foundation Group: As a graduate on this program, you will be part of a wider early talent program sitting alongside other recently on-boarded graduate programs in our Avanade Foundation Group (AFG). The AFG directly supports young people across the company ensuring high quality and sustained training, mentoring, support and social engagement. The AFG is a springboard for networking and engagement as you start out at Avanade, integrating you closely with others across the entire business.
- Progressing in your career: once completing a year in the VelocITy program, your assigned Career Advisor will be on hand to help you decide where you want to go next with your career at Avanade. You will move onto live project environments in Security roles - this will enable you to use your learning as a fully-fledged consultant!
Please see bottom section of this page for more information on the Security Team and associated roles and projects you will be working on.
Salary and Package : GBP 30,000 (UK) / EUR 35,000 (Ireland) base pay plus extensive benefits, which includes a sign-on bonus, yearly employee benefits allowance, and discretionary company bonus.
- 3 month bespoke QA technical training programme
- BUPA private healthcare
- Accenture Employee Share Scheme
- Pension scheme contributions
- An extended-benefits allowance
- Discretionary performance-related bonus
- 80+ hours of technical training and development courses per consultant per year.
- 8 hours volunteering time (uncapped during Covid-19)
You work hard, so we work hard. We are dedicated to providing you with what you need to do and be your best. Flexible work arrangements are becoming more common so people can do good work while having a good life. You'll get plenty of support as you learn and grow in a new career, with training to enhance your technology knowledge and certifications, as well as skills you need to grow as a professional, consultant or (if you want be), a leader.
The ideal candidate will have:
Degree : Any enabling demonstration and development of applicable role skills. Examples including but not limited to: I nformation Technology, Cybersecurity, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience
- 2:1 classification or above.
- Evidence of interests and passion in technology
- Readiness to engage with a 3-month training course.
- Ability to adapt and apply existing skills to new learning and technologies
- An analytical mind
- Strong teamwork skills
- Willingness to develop excellent communications skills (your role may develop into client facing positions, so a positive attitude to great communication is important)
- Strong problem-solving skill
- Flexibility to work on different projects and locations
- This is a technical role willingness to develop skills in the following is necessary: Microsoft technologies: Azure / DevOps/ Cloud Technologies
The Application Process April - July 2021
- Role Registration: April
- Phone screening call with Early Talent Recruitment Team : April - June
- Invite to interview: Rolling
- Application closes: 27 th May 2021
- Assessment Centre : 1st June OR 2nd June
Group Exercise / Interview / Case Study: Beginning February
- Follow up and feedback by: 11 th June 2021
- Avanade VelocITy On-boarding: 12 th July 2021 -
Note interview process, on-boarding and start to your role will be remote.
*Please be advised that we cannot offer visa sponsorship for this role*