Marketing Manager, Regional Business - Group Benefits
Posted on May 17, 2021 by MetLife, Inc.
Work from Home: Yes
Global Brand and Marketing:
The MetLife Global Brand & Marketing (GBM) team has been evolving in line with MetLife's transformation to a company that delivers greater value for our customers, employees and shareholders. Today, GBM is a strategic, customer-focused marketing practice that is dedicated to driving business impact across the globe. With a focus on customer led value propositions, relevant customer engagement and fostering a purpose driven brand, the team is committed to enhancing MetLife's relationship with its customers and helping them navigate life's twists and turns. GBM has 450+ employees in global, regional and local roles.
MetLife Group Benefits- Regional Business Distribution Development:
The Group Benefits organization is responsible for the strategic direction, growth and management of MetLife's industry leading U.S. employee benefits business. Our sales force works directly with customers or through brokers, exchanges, and other third parties to distribute our broad range of Group Life, Dental, Vision, Group Disability, Global Services, Total Absence Management, Group Property & Casualty, Accident, Hospital Indemnity, Critical Illness and Legal Plan products and services. Group Benefits sells a broad portfolio of insurance solutions to employers and other eligible groups helping to make MetLife the largest provider of group employee benefits in the United States.
Group Benefits is organized into three primary markets to best serve different customer needs within each segment: National Accounts (over 5000 lives), Regional Markets ( lives) and Small Markets (2-99 lives). MetLife's Regional Business segment provides global benefits sales and solutions to both Small and Regional U.S.- based employers, encompassing the full under 5,000 employee market. We serve more than 15,000 U.S. customers, generating approximately $1.1B in annual sales and more than $4B in revenue.
Role Value Proposition:
The Marketing Manager, Regional Business Group Benefits within the US region is responsible for helping to driving growth and differentiation among reginal business distribution channels by developing and executing integrated, multi-channel sales & marketing engagement strategies for B2B and B2B2C.
This role will assist the Marketing Director by providing support for key marketing initiatives and partners closely with Business Unit (BU) leadership and cross-functional teams to help create and deliver on marketing strategies that incorporate social media, email, creative & messaging development, digital advertising, events, thought leadership/content and sales support. The Marketing Manager, Regional Business, reports directly to the Marketing Director, US Group Benefits Regional Business.
* Develop and execute marketing strategies for sales materials supporting regional business sales channels and third-party entities: Partner with sales leads to identify opportunities for marketing to drive sales engagement and execute both customizable and scalable marketing tactics tailored to third parties and brokers sales relationships.
* Responsibility for Regional business marketing budget: Manage monthly forecasting and accruals as well as day-to-day purchase order and invoicing for regional business media and production. This includes gathering estimates and budget updates from various Marketing, IT and external vendor partners.
* Own project management and vendor management: Work closely with key vendors and agencies to coordinate projects as well as providing tracking and reporting on key marketing initiatives. Includes all necessary legal filing
* Demonstrate outstanding customer focus: Leverage customer insights, understanding of the marketplace, competitive dynamics, and other data to influence business growth strategies and inform marketing decision-making; develop a deep understanding of customer needs to champion, drive, and measure customer interest, engagement, experience and satisfaction
* Drive best-in-class customer engagement & experience: In partnership with the business, define, communicate, deliver, measure and continuously test/refine our customer engagement & experience throughout the customer journey from lead to new customer to ongoing engagement
* Partner deeply across MetLife resources: Partner with Global Brand & Marketing and US Marketing (centers of excellence and Group Benefits marketing) for additional capabilities and resources to create creative assets & messaging that support the Regional Business Group Benefits BU and marketing objectives; also includes working with technology teams for marketing technologies, legal teams for legal review and compliance and within marketing for general event coordination/set-up.
* Perform other duties as assigned or required
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
* 3+ years of digital marketing expertise including multi-channel integrated B2B and B2B2C efforts
* Leadership mindset and business acumen; demonstrated experience influencing decisions to optimize marketing impact
* Marketing and project management experience, including digital marketing, messaging/content development, white papers, B2B/B2B2C acquisition/lead gen marketing, events, social media and sales enablement support.
* Ability to operate effectively in a highly-matrixed organization, creating partnerships and influencing people of different cultures and backgrounds at all levels and functions of the organization
* Action-oriented, high performer able to translate marketing strategies into tangible solutions
* Innovative thinker with a strong sense of urgency and independence;
* Resourceful, strong work ethic, intellectual curiosity, strong written and verbal communications skills - must be able to communicate effectively internally with functionally and geographically diverse teams and externally with clients, brokers, partners and intermediaries
* Bachelor's Degree preferred
* Keen understanding of the group benefits business and regional business audiences (brokers and employers) highly desirable
Global Brand & Marketing
Number of Openings
At MetLife, we're leading the global transformation of an industry we've long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we're dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
# Global Benefits Marketing
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world's leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with $651 billion of total assets under management as of September 30, 2020. We are ranked #48 on the Fortune 500 list for 2020. In 2019, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fourth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies.
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for people around the world.
We want to make it simple for all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities with MetLife. For further information about how to request a reasonable accommodation, please click on the Disability Accommodations link below.
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
Requisition #: 116281