Depot Engineering Manager -Renfrew
Posted on May 16, 2021 by Mcgills
Glasgow, Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
McGill's Bus Service Ltd are Scotland's largest privately owned Bus Company and employ around 900 employees with depots across Renfrewshire, Inverclyde and Lanarkshire.
We currently have a position for a Depot Engineering Manager for one of our depots in the Renfrewshire area.
With a fleet of over 400 vehicles, the Engineering department is a 7 day a week operation. Each Depot has a full maintenance facility and we have two paint and body shops within the business. This role is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast moving quality driven environment with great pay and career prospects.
• The primary role is to carry out a wide range of duties which includes managing the Engineering workshop to ensure that all Health & Safety requirements are met and that all vehicles are repaired to the highest standards
• Carry out Depot inspections to ensure that all equipment is maintained to the required standard
• Manage the vehicle inspection program, carry out pre-MOT inspections
• Complete all Company paperwork including inspection, defect, mileage, KPI (Key Performance Indicators), wages and audit reports to appropriate Departments on a weekly basis
• Liaise with the Operations Department to provide daily peak vehicle requirements
• Organise the manpower resource to provide optimum cover for the business needs
• Ensure Company records and Depot equipment is within compliance to McGill's standards
• Assist in the smooth Managerial operation of the Engineering Department as required by the Engineering Director within the budget requirements
Benefits include Company pension, and an excellent salary is on offer.