Senior Cloud Big Data Development Engineer/Hortonworks
Posted on May 14, 2021 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*We are unable to sponsor for this permanent Full time role*
*Position is bonus eligible*
Prestigious Enterprise Company is currently seeking a Sr. Big Data Development Engineer with strong Hortonworks experience. Candidate will demonstrate effective and disciplined software development expertise, and will deliver solutions on-time with high bar of quality, and continuously improve software engineering practices.
- Work with Product Owners to understand the desired capability, to define and prioritize work, determine artifacts, and manage workloads
- Assess the current Legacy application code, design and refactor the code using cloud native technology
- Involve in application development, prototyping, modelling and technical consulting
- Actively facilitate issue resolution and issue tracking. Identify mitigation steps and ensures risks and issues are mitigated/resolved in a timely manner.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Lead efforts in data, code, and systems analysis to ensure accuracy and completeness in requirements
- Support the Development TL and/or PM in managing projects/Agile Sprints
- Perform and lead thorough Unit testing and Integration testing, including test data creation for various test scenarios.
- 5+ years of Full time experience in software development including design, coding, testing, production implementation, production support, performance tuning, bug fixing and quality control
- 2+ years of strong cloud infrastructure experience working with one or more of the following
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud services: EC2, EMR, ECS, S3, SNS, SQS, Cloud Formation, Cloud watch, Lambda, EKS
- Hands-on experience of AWS architecture design, Data Management, Big Data(Hortonworks), and Data Warehousing
- 2+ years of experience in Cloud data lake engine and Cloud data warehousing technologies (Snowflake, Dremio, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience in big data technologies - Hortonworks (Spark, Hadoop, Hive, HDFS etc,) and MongoDB, PostGre SQL
- 3+ years of experience using Java, Python or Scala, Informatica IICS
- Experience of leading complex data applications with disparate semi structured data (JSON, XML)
- Proficient with CICD process, Agile and DevOps SLDC
- Experience of building data lake in AWS Cloud, moving Data applications to the Cloud, and developing cloud native data applications
- At least 2 years of experience with Scaled Agile, Kanban, or Scrum methodologies
- Strong working knowledge and technical competencies of AWS
- Ability to communicate clearly, effectively, persuasively with technology and business partners