Coordinator, Special Events
Posted on May 14, 2021 by Austin Capital Metro
Coordinator, Special Events
This position will report directly to the Manager of Business Development. This position will guide and implement the agency's strategic use of special events to further the agency's goals in community engagement, staff participation, and facilities stewardship. These responsibilities include collaborating with internal departments and external contractors to manage event production, developing relationships with external clients and community partners that will host either private or public events on/at the agency's facilities and properties, and coordinating CapMetro's brand activation and participation in third-party events. The Special Events Coordinator will oversee the execution of each event and be able to gracefully advise senior staff, individual contributors, and external partners with diplomacy in order to maintain event timelines, budgets, and desired outcomes.
* Supervise the production of multiple events including but not limited to; agency events, engagement events, marketing activations, press events, private events, and client activations.
* Produce regular event production meetings with internal departments, creating and distributing event prospectus and run of show documents to organize teams and productions.
* Maintain inventory and management of event production materials, ensuring the availability of tables, chairs, tents, promotional swag, audio/visual equipment and other necessary materials.
* Collaborate with Experience & Engagement Division leadership to develop and maintain brand and experience standards at all in-house, community and third-party events.
* Coordinate with Customer Care, Community Engagement and other External Relations teams to ensure all staff are informed of event details and the potential impacts to customer, client and community relationships.
* Knowledgeable of agency facilities, policies and transit services in order to efficiently plan events and represent the organization's capabilities to clients and third-party contractors.
* Verify space requirements and meeting room set-up with the client and ensure that the event space needed is properly maintained and in good condition.
* Ensure all agency events, either internal or external, are executed to CapMetro's specifications and standards.
* Assist in the development and implementation of event marketing and sales strategies and event standard operating procedures.
* Conduct pre and post event evaluations and reports on outcomes to the Manager of Business Development and other agency stakeholders.
* Manage multiple events simultaneously making rapid adjustments as required to ensure event success in a fast-paced environment.
* Maintain detailed files, notes, records, and trace systems to ensure the meeting and event experience meets the client's expectations.
* Remain committed to CapMetro's mission in public transportation and to serving the agency's customers, clients, and community, increasing in knowledge of the industry, our services, and communities we serve.
* Support Capital Metropolitan Transportation Authority's Safety Management Systems (SMS) process by following safety and security policies, considering safety in every action and reporting safety and security concerns.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor's Degree with concentrated study in Marketing, Tourism/Hospitality Management, Sports/Entertainment Management or similar field. Related experience may be substituted on a year for year basis up to four (4) years.
* Four (4) years of experience in event management and/or planning.
* Experience in conducting basic event production, including setting up basic audio/visual equipment, computer presentations, room settings (tables, chairs, linens, etc.), lighting, and décor.
* Experience in project management, organizational, and production/construction practices, budgeting, bid package preparation, special event contractors and services.
* Experience in Microsoft Office with advanced skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
* Knowledge of using audio, lighting, and visuals to enhance both indoor and outdoor event spaces; possesses strong storytelling skills to support the creative process and must have a solid sense of branding and aesthetics.
* Ability to analyze and solve work problems; to make decisions affecting the operation of administrative services functions; and to plan, assign, and/or supervise the work of others.
* Ability to lead creative and technical teams with a spirit of collaboration.
* Skill in preparing a variety of reports, correspondence, forms, spreadsheets, word processing, and database software.
* Skill in monitoring budgetary expenses and contract performance.
* Skill in analyzing, researching, and gathering information.
* Ability to work independently and effectively communicate progress, challenges and solutions to leadership and coworkers.
* Ability to communicate effectively in both written and oral format, strong interpersonal skills.
* Ability to proactively address challenges by identifying solutions and communicating effectively to stakeholders.
* Attention to detail and strong organizational skills; ability to manage multiple projects and meet established deadlines.
* Must be able to work a flexible schedule when needed (Nights/Weekends/Holidays) and work both indoors and outdoors in varying weather conditions
* Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
Capital Metro is deeply committed to building a workplace where inclusion is not only valued but prioritized. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating a welcoming and diverse environment. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, pregnancy, age, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws. Capital Metro makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and organization needs at the time.
700 Lavaca Street
Austin, Texas, 78701
SALARY RANGE - 57,895.00 - 72,369.00 - ANNUALLY