Business Development Manager
Posted on May 13, 2021 by Sogeti
Business Development Manager (New Business) - Application and Cloud Technology
Sogeti UK, Part of the Capgemini Group
Join a world-leading IT consultancy and thought leader within the software testing field
Base Location - London base location with frequent travel to customer sites
About Sogeti and the Capgemini Group
Sogeti UK is a leading provider of technology and software testing, specialising in Application, Infrastructure, and Engineering Services. We offer cutting-edge solutions around Testing, Business Intelligence & Analytics, PLM, Mobile, Application and Cloud combining world class methodologies and our global delivery model, Rightshore. Our roots and the bedrock of our success lie in the provision of local professional services - teams of highly skilled IT professionals working closely with local clients. The group has been recognised as a Leader in the 'NelsonHall NEAT evaluation for Quality Engineering Services' report, for demonstrating multiple strengths including; User Experience (UX) Testing, Artificial Intelligence (AI) for automating testing services & deploying Robotic Process Automation (RPA) for testing purposes. Sogeti UK also has an excellent Glassdoor rating!
Globally, Sogeti is part of the Capgemini Group, Sogeti operates in more than 100 locations globally. Working closely with clients and partners to take full advantage of the opportunities of technology, Sogeti combines agility and speed of implementation to tailor innovative future-focused solutions in Digital Assurance and Testing, Cloud and Cybersecurity, all fuelled by AI and automation.
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients' opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organisations to realise their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2020 combined revenues of €15.8billion.
Our Inclusive Culture
Sogeti positively encourages applications from eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Capgemini won the 'Best Tech Employer' at the Women in Tech Employer Awards 2020 and are listed in the Times Top 50 Employers for Women in 2021. Capgemini is also ranked in the Top 100 employers in the latest Stonewall Workplace Equality Index and we are recognised as one of the Top 75 employers in the Social Mobility Employer Index 2020.
We are currently looking for a Business Development Manager to join our growing sales function to focus on growing our Application & Cloud Technology business. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a team focused upon one of the fastest growing offerings in the tech market. In this role you will use your relationships and your knowledge of Cloud and the Microsoft product set to acquire new customers leveraging Sogeti's market leading offerings in this space and delivery capability.
You will be responsible for various new business building activities, typically:
- Driving new business / new logos in Sogeti UK, from your contacts
- Development of winning propositions and solutions to meet client needs, across all of Sogeti's delivery capabilities and ultimately bringing new customers to Sogeti UK
- Leading new business written proposals, bids and client presentations to win new customers
- Reviewing, analysing, and responding to tender documentation and customer's procurement
- Driving new business in existing accounts
As you develop, you will build up a broad base of knowledge for your future with us. Across all of these areas you will be expected to use your initiative and drive to produce successful results and it goes without saying that team-working will be crucial to your success.
Essential for the Business Development Manager to have:
- Demonstrable experience of holding a successful new business development focused role, Including attracting new customers / logos into your company's portfolio
- Previous experience in an IT or Test consultancy, in a new business development role, ideally focused upon technical sales, cloud or Microsoft product set
- Previous experience of successfully selling Cloud and Microsoft services with a detailed understanding of Microsoft Azure and product set.
- Previous experience of working with partners to build pipeline and grow business, ideally Microsoft
- Experience of successfully hitting new business targets over a considerable period of time.
- Good commercial knowledge for making T&M (Time & Material) / fixed Price / managed services deals
- Strong experience in networking and developing new customer relationships
- Experience of working with a global delivery model - offshore is a big positive
- The ability to work own proposals, presentations, articulation of value to prospects
- Knowledge of using CRM systems, ideally Salesforce
- Flexibility on travel / work locations during the working week
The successful candidate will be:
- A self-starting individual and able to set and manage goals
- Passionate for knowledge, as this is a fast paced, constantly evolving technology market
- An excellent and honest communicator who possesses great oral, listening and written skills
- Eager to build relationships with clients and colleagues alike
- Able to demonstrate consultative behaviour
Whilst we will provide support, mentorship, world-class training and outstanding opportunities, the speed and direction of your progress will ultimately be in your hands.
What we'll offer you
- Professional development and accelerated career progression
- An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit
- Although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you
- Gain experience within a market leader in Next-Generation Software Testing Services
- We encourage continuous learning and development by providing you the tools and support to drive your own career in the direction you want!
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£30k - £40k Annual
£35k - £40k Annual
£60k - £65k Annual
£30k - £35k Annual
£30k - £40k Annual
£30k - £40k Annual
£30k - £40k Annual
£40k - £40k Annual
£35k - £45k Annual