Night Shift Operations Supervisor
Posted on May 13, 2021 by Cardinal Logistics Management
The Operations Supervisor plans, directs and controls driver scheduling, allocation, and dispatching and communication functions to effect economical utilization of driver facilities. The Operations Supervisor is responsible for driver settlements, DOT Violations and compliance, as well as building and maintaining customer relationships.
- Sets schedules, routes and assigns drivers and vehicles
- Submits recommendations for development of and compliance with transportation policies, procedures and programs
- Conducts continuous analysis of vehicle and driver assignments and analyzes scheduling reviews, and revises driver schedules to increase efficiency and to lower costs
- Recruits, orients and monitors progression of new drivers
- Responsible for driver performance, including training, discipline and termination
- Enforces compliance with administrative policies, procedures, safety rules, and government regulations
- Maintains operation and maintenance of equipment and communication systems
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to work the night shift.
- Should have the ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients and customers
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exits.
- Must have strong PC skills, written and communication skills, and customer service skills
- Must know DOT laws and violations, and OSHA requirements
- Must be flexible in hours.
- Six Sigma endorsement a plus.
- Education: High School Diploma or GED required
- Experience- Prefer 3 years+ experience with managing warehouse or dock facilities