Group Leaders School Aged Child Care
Posted on May 13, 2021 by Mystic Valley YMCA
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The program staff at YMCA's Medford Youth Center School Aged Child Care program stewards the Y's cause, promoting and protecting the brand and reputation as a global, inclusive organization within the community. The Program Coordinator is responsible for the management, development and planning of programming that fosters a safe and positive environment that is conducive to improving the academic performance and social emotional well-being of the youth involved.
Do you have experience working with children aged 5 to 13? The Mystic Valley YMCA School Aged Child Care Program in Medford is seeking individuals to be Group Leaders to work with school aged children in a variety of activities such as homework/tutoring, sports, cooking and crafts. All staff help develop the program curriculum through activity themes, traditional as well as specialty and work to help children achieve their potential.
The program operates Monday thru Friday afternoons from 1:30 pm to 6:00 pm. School vacation weeks and summers; 7:00 am to 6:00 pm.
• Experience working with school aged children
• Completion of Early Education and Childcare (EEC) Training
• Consistently incorporate YMCA core values of caring, honesty, responsibility and respect while supervising youth
• Ability to develop and implement age appropriate activities/workshops including writing lessons/activity plans
• Ability to assist students with home work
• Properly sanitize classroom
• All candidates must meet the state's EEC qualifications including but not limited to Criminal Records Check, fingerprinting and verification of experience and references
• Must learn and adhere to all EEC and YMCA policies and procedures
• CPR and First Aid certified within 60 days
Competitive pay rate $13.50-$15.00 based on experience and complimentary Y membership.
Job Type: Part-time, year round or summer only