Clinical Case Manager
Posted on May 13, 2021 by WPA
Join Somerset's Business Awards, Employer of the Year 2021 - WPA
- Starting salary from £23,213 based on skills and experience - plus major employer benefits - training and progression is available with your salary rising to £27,558.
- Permanent positions.
- Role based in Taunton, Somerset, close to J25 of the M5.
- Full time hours (37 hours) - if you wish to discuss alternative hours, please contact us to discuss this further.
Our heritage dates back to 1901, and as a not-for-profit organisation we are one of the UK's most long-standing and respected Health Insurers. Continually striving to outshine the competition, we have won many awards for our excellent Customer Service and advanced use of technology. In 2021, for the second year in a row, WPA won "Health Insurance Provider of the Year" at the Moneyfacts Consumer Awards and in March 2021, we were recognised as "Employer of the Year 2021" at the Somerset Business Awards.
Our ethos is to treat others as we would wish to be treated ourselves, this includes our customers, employees and our local community. WPA recognises that we have a responsibility to the environment and are certified with the world's most recognised environmental management system (ISO 14001). WPA also remain committed to help good causes through the WPA Benevolent Foundation and WPA Charitable Foundation, which funds projects throughout the United Kingdom which promotes good health and provides assistance with transport costs to and from hospital for families in financial distress with profoundly ill children.
About the role
WPA continue to thrive and as a result of our success and growth we are looking to expand our team. This is a great opportunity to start your career with a very successful business which will allow you to put into practise the medical knowledge you have acquired during your university studies (and possible clinical experience). We currently have vacancies for Clinical Case Managers and Senior Clinical Case Managers (if you have hands on clinical experience) - our customers will be relying on you to be there for them whilst they undergo potentially life changing health issues and making sure that they get the correct and the best treatment available. Progression routes do exist for the people with the right attitude, skills and experience. Once your experience in our business grows, we can also help you achieve your longer term career aspirations, two of our previous bio-medical graduates have been promoted a number of times and are now well respected members of WPA's Management Team.
These positions will:
- Provide front-line support to patients and their healthcare providers via phone and email - never has there been a more important time to make a difference to people in their time of need;
- Manage complex medical claims which can be challenging in nature and need to be processed with intricate detail, working closely with our Chief Medical Officer and Medical Advisory team;
- Work closely with practising surgeons in both the NHS and private sectors in a wide range of medical specialities
We are keen to hear from you if you are looking for a fulfilling career with an employer where your passion for helping others will be noticed. You will have exceptional customer service skills or patient care skills and are extremely empathetic and supportive towards helping others. You will have a good all round basic understanding of key medical principles, have the ability to describe medical terms in a meaningful way to our customers, have a track record of being a team player and making a difference to people. You will have at least 5 GCSE's at grade C or above in Maths, English, Biology or Double/Triple Science award, as well as a relevant medical qualification or significant external medical experience in the Healthcare industry.
What WPA can offer you?
- Attend in-house and external medical training to help expand your medical knowledge and experience.
- A warm welcome to WPA where you will receive the necessary training and support so you can start to learn more about our business from day one.
- Ongoing medical training ensuring you are always aware of the latest medical treatment pathways.
- The chance to work closely with practising surgeons.
- If you have a medical speciality which is of particular interest and is important to you, we will support and nurture this where possible.
- Extensive employee benefits, some of which are summarised below*:
- an attractive starting salary with progression routes which supports ongoing development;
- annual bonus;
- annual leave entitlement which increases with length of service;
- ability to purchase additional annual leave so you can achieve that important work life balance;
- company funded social events;
- a range of health and wellbeing support initiatives;
- paid charity days so that you can support a charity that is important to you;
- onsite subsidised restaurant;
- cycle to work scheme;
- generous pension scheme;
- private healthcare and funded employee cash plan;
- access to a Remote GP service.
- we are a minute away from the M5 and we have ample free car parking onsite.
If you are interested in finding out more about these exciting roles, or applying for this position, please contact the Personnel Services Team by email on or by telephone on - all enquiries will be replied to.
*Terms and conditions apply.