Project Manager (Wind Energy)
Posted on May 12, 2021 by Wind Estate (UK)
Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Project Manager (Wind Energy)- Full time role - 45 hours per week, flexible working arrangement.
Salary - dependant on experience per annum.
Wind Estate is one of Denmark's leading energy companies specializing in the sale of environmentally friendly electricity. The company currently owns a portfolio of almost 400 wind turbines located mainly in Denmark.
Wind Estate is a solid Danish company in constant development, built up out of the revolution of the wind industry in the early 1990s with a strategy to simply continue to expand the company's capacity through the development, financing, construction, and operation of new wind turbine projects in the UK and Denmark.
Wind Estate (UK) is based out of Harrogate, North Yorkshire, focusing on development of new wind projects in Scotland.
We are looking for a versatile Project Manager for a new position at our office in Harrogate. For the right candidates, this is great opportunity to work in a young organisation, where the candidate has a large impact in defining the role as project manager. As a Project Manager at Wind Estate, you are expected to be part of the entire value chain from project development over preconstruction to procurement and construction of wind farms in Scotland.
Ultimately, the Project Manager manages our onshore wind portfolio in Scotland from commencement to commissioning of the wind farms. Project management responsibilities include the negotiation, coordination, and completion of projects on time within budget and within scope. Oversee all aspects of projects. Set deadlines, assign responsibilities, and monitor and summarize progress of projects. Prepare reports for management regarding status of projects.
Before commencement, the Project Manager defines project scope and design. Conduct road surveys and swept path analysis and negotiate wayleaves. Collect grid analysis and offers. Prepare project budgets for approval by management.
The successful candidate will work directly with landowners, planners, consultants, subcontractors and manufactures to ensure deliverables fall within the applicable scope and budget.
The job requires a bachelor's degree and minimum 2-4 years of experience managing wind projects or other large scale infrastructure projects. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices and procedures. Perform a variety of tasks. Lead and direct the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Reports to Head of Wind Development in UK.
- Define project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Install wind resource equipment, monitor, and assess wind resources at various projects in Scotland.
- Obtain grid connection offers and liaise with the DNO for cost-effective solutions.
- Perform road access surveys and swept path analysis.
- Identify and negotiate wayleaves with third-party landowners for road and grid access.
- Discharge planning conditions.
- Appoint and coordinate with technical consultants for flawless execution of projects.
- Facilitate civil and electrical design of projects.
- Procure wind turbine generators and balance of plant.
- Prepare project programmes and budgets.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Proven working experience in project management.
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) / PRINCE II certification is a plus.
- Bachelor's Degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience.
If you fit in the description above, we would love to hear from you. If you would like to know more about the position, please contact Head of Wind Development Charles Ashton on telephone or email -
Interviews will be held continuously, so please sent your application as soon as possible, if you are interested in the position. All applications will be treated confidentially.