Posted on May 10, 2021 by CRA Group Limited
About the Nursery:
- Our principal aim is to provide a happy, holistic, caring and secure environment for children from birth to 5 years.
- Our structured pre-school program is designed to stimulate and enhance each child's educational and social development providing an excellent foundation for school and later life.
- We are committed to providing the highest standard of childcare possible. Our commitment is reflected in the Ofsted report for each nursery, in our Policy and Procedures and in our Partnership with Parents.
- We are members of the National Day Nurseries Association (NDNA) and are inspected by Ofsted, Environmental Health, Health and Safety Officers and Quality Inspectors. Security and child protection are of utmost priority and our policies and procedures are updated annually.
Purpose of Role:
- To provide a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for children placed in the setting.
- To give support to other personnel within the Setting.
- To implement the daily routine in the base room.
- Liaise with Parent's and Carer's sharing information about their child's development.
- With your staff team, deliver a programme of exciting play opportunities and activities suitable to the age range and developmental needs of the children in your room which will motivate their learning and integration within the nursery.
- To ensure that a caring and stimulating environment is provided for children that takes into account individual developmental needs and enables children to reach their full potential
- Keep well-informed of legislation, guidelines and policies to ensure the Children's Act and the Early Years Foundation Stage Welfare Requirements are met at all times.
- Keep an accurate 'Learning Journey' file on your key children, for parents to look at and comment in, sharing with them every twelve weeks.
- Work with parents of special needs children to give full integration in the nursery.
- Liaise with and support parents and other family members.
- To be involved in out of working hour's activities, e.g. training, monthly staff meetings, Christmas party, etc.
- Attend training and staff meetings.
- Record accidents on accident forms and follow Safeguarding procedures in recording all accidents and incidents. Inform Manager/Deputy Manager of accidents recorded.
- Ensure preparation and completion of activities to suit the child's stage of development.
- To ensure that mealtimes are a time of pleasant socialisation and role modelling of good table manners and sharing.
- To wash and change the children as required.
- Provide comfort and warmth to an unwell child.
- To ensure the provision of a high-quality environment to meet the needs of individual children from differing cultures and religious backgrounds, and stages of development.
- To ensure children to staff ratios are maintained.
- To maintain personal contact with parents through meetings, parents evenings, open days and informal conversations.
Health and Safety:
- To ensure that the physical environment of the nursery is maintained to comply with the requirements of the Health & Safety at Work Act.
- To ensure that a daily Health & Safety checks are carried out.
- To have clear knowledge of procedures to be followed in case of emergency e.g. Fire, and accident, completing and submitting relevant paperwork.
- To report any repairs or replacement of equipment to the Management Team.
- To carry out appropriate indoor and outdoor equipment checks, checking the garden before each use.
- To ensure the nursery is kept clean and hygienic at all times and to carry out cleaning duties throughout the day.
- Experience of working with children under 5 in an Early Years setting for minimum 2 years (Especially with children under 2 Years of Age).
- Experience of working with parents/carers.
- Experience of planning for the enhanced and continuous provision.
- Experience of working with/facilitating groups.
Level 3 in Early Years and Childcare (Essential).
- Basic Food Hygiene (Desirable).
- First Aid (Desirable).
Knowledge and Understanding:
- Specific training in health and safety issues.
- Specific training in child protection.
- Able to participate in the observing and assessment process
- Able to ensure the safety and welfare of young children.
Montessori trained or worked in a Montessori environment.
- Ability to use IT.
- Flexible manner.
- Can work independently as well as part of a team.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Able to reflect and learn.
- COVID-19 Test required X2 per week (1 before they start too).
- Full PPE when at work.
- 33 days annual leave (2 Weeks at Christmas and 1 Week at Easter).
- 1 Hour work break (Working hours are 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM).
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£70 - £80 Daily
£18k - £27k Annual
£9 - £9 Hourly
£10 - £12 Hourly
£19.9k - £19.9k Annual
£11 - £12 Hourly
£11 - £12 Hourly
£11 - £12 Hourly
£11 - £12 Hourly
£10 - £11 Hourly