Posted on May 9, 2021 by Perspecta
Annapolis Junction, MD 20701
Peraton has an immediate need for a Scrum Master that holds an active/current DoD Secret clearance.
Preferable location will be Annapolis Junction, MD or Chantilly, VA., however remote locations may be considered.
This individual will
- Lead assigned Scrum Team in prioritizing features, user stories, and identifying team velocity.
- Work with Product Owners to identify priorities, participate in Sprint Reviews, Backlog Refinement, and lead team daily stand-up meetings.
- Work collaboratively among cross-functional teams and multiple vendors to execute timely releases of code.
- Provide support to the Chief Enterprise Architect, the Release Train Engineer (RTE), and Senior Leadership. Coordinate intra-team, external-team, cross-ART, and cross-functional cooperation to facilitate synergy and success across the Program.
- Assist the Govt. Product Owners in meeting their duties and responsibilities and managing the Product Backlog.
- Lead team in working on unusually complex technical problems and provide product solutions in accordance with Agile Methodologies.
- Coordinate and support weekly synchronization meetings with the client, serving as the focal point between Peraton and the client.
- Attend Program-Level Ceremonies and Reviews on behalf of the Scrum Team and brief Team status during Quarterly Program Increment Planning sessions.
- Create and update user stories in Jira/Confluence.
- Submit weekly and monthly status reports and deliverables.
- Develop and deliver working level and senior leadership briefs.
- Understanding of Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) process, Kanban Framework, and Waterfall methodologies and how to utilize these within day to day activities.
- Produce high-quality papers, presentations, recommendations, and findings for senior government intelligence and operations officials.
- Support meetings with Govt. Product Owners and PMO Teams. Work closely with the team to determine and pursue courses of action necessary to obtain desired results.
- Secret Clearance is Mandatory
Knowledge and Skills
- Familiarity with ServiceNow desired.
- Continuous Development, Deployment, Testing, Integration and Monitoring Knowledge.
- Utility Tools knowledge (JIRA/Confluence/GitLab/Artifactory).
- MS Office Suite / Microsoft 365 intermediate level proficiency required; advanced level desired.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Ability to foster collaborative relationships with customers, teaming partners and cross-functional teams.
- Ability to resolve customer issues very quickly and accurately.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate technical information.
Education and Experience
- Requires 8 to 10 years with BS/BA or 6 to 8 years with MS/MA or 3 to 5 years of relevant with PhD.
- Preferred certifications: SAFe 4.5/5.0 certified Agilist Scrum Master Certification
Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the world's leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our 22,000 employees do the can't be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.
As a government contractor, Peraton abides by the following provision
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of the other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
San Diego, CA
Annapolis Junction, MD
Salt Lake City, UT
Evergreen Park, IL