Posted on May 8, 2021 by Octo Consulting Group
Octo is an industry-leading, award-winning provider of digital services for the federal government. Octo specializes in providing agile software engineering, user experience design, cloud services, and digital strategy services that address government's most pressing missions. Octo delivers intelligent solutions and rapid results, yielding lower costs and measurable outcomes.
Our team is what makes Octo great. At Octo youll work beside some of the smartest and most accomplished staff youll find in your career. Octo offers fantastic benefits and an amazing workplace culture where you will feel valued while you perform mission critical work for our government. Voted one of the region's best places to work multiple times, Octo is an employer of choice!
As Scrum Master at Octo, you will join a large Agile program responsible for modernizing and maintaining operations for a suite of highly visible applications for an innovative federal government agency
We were founded as a fresh alternative in the Government Consulting Community and are dedicated to the belief that results are a product of analytical thinking, agile design principles and that solutions are built in collaboration with, not for, our customers. This mantra drives us to succeed and act as true partners in advancing our client's missions.
Skills & Requirements
What wed like to see...
- Utilized Agile scrum methodologies to plan and oversee work for one or more scrum teams
- Created and managed epics and user stories within Jira and Confluence by working to translate technical requirements through coordination with UI/UX Architect and Product Owner
- Proactively communicated with product owners, project managers, technical leads, designers, software developers etc. to identify information needs, facilitate information exchange, and ensure adherence to business requirements
- Managed project backlogs by conducting grooming and planning sessions, facilitating story pointing efforts and working with the Product Owner to prioritize tasks.
- Scheduled and conducted meetings with assigned technical staff to gain insight into the state of individual release and sprint plans, schedules, deliverables, milestones, project risks and mitigation.
- Collaborated between SAFe scrum teams to ensure dependencies are identified, impediments are removed, and work schedules are aligned
- Captured Agile artifacts to include User Stories (Planned vs Actual), Velocity Charts, Burn-down Charts, Sprint Retrospective notes etc.
- Actively participated in SAFe ceremonies including PI Planning, Scrum of Scrums, Inspect and Adapt, and PI Retrospectives
- Actively planned and facilitated Agile ceremonies including daily stand ups, planning, grooming, demonstrations and retrospectives
- Performed multi-hat roles to include one or more of the following: Requirements Management (User stories, Epics, Product and Sprint Backlogs), Business Analysis, Configuration Management, Change Management and Quality Assurance
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, including the ability to communicate solutions effectively to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong working knowledge of Atlassian Jira and Confluence.
Years of Experience: A minimum of 3+ years of Scrum Master experience.
Education: Bachelor's degree is required and must hold an active Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification
Location: Reston, VA
Clearance: Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.