Posted on May 7, 2021 by CV-Library
Our client is a global group of life-saving technology companies. Named one of Britain's Most Admired Companies in 2019, they provide innovative solutions to many of the key problems facing the world today.
Their purpose is to grow a safer, cleaner, healthier future for everyone, every day. Their purpose drives every business decision they make and ensures they are working towards it every day. It defines the three broad market areas where they operate:
Safety: protecting life as populations grow and urbanise, and protecting worker safety.
Environment: improving food and water quality, and monitoring air pollution.
Health: meeting rising healthcare demand as growing populations age and lifestyles
Our client is one of the top-performing businesses in the FTSE index, comprising over 40 individual operating companies, operating in over 20 countries, and with a combined total of over 6000 employees worldwide.
Recognizing the importance of creating digital business models to sustain our growth, they are implementing a new group-wide IT strategy intended to facilitate future value creation through the increased adoption of both operational and strategic technology. The scope of the technology initiatives within this strategy span Enterprise and Business Application Architecture; Data and Analytics; Digital and IoT Platforms; and Core IT Infrastructure.
They are in the early stages of devising and launching these initiatives. They now need to build out a team of technology experts, architects, and delivery professionals to define the various solutions across the initiatives and facilitate the successful build and adoption of them.
Depending on the scope and objectives of different initiatives, adoption will occur at various levels within the organization, either at the group level, the OpCo level, or both.
To achieve successful results, they require intelligent, articulate, consultative professionals who fit their culture and can comfortably operate in our client’s autonomous and decentralised model.
The Project Manager will report to the Programme Director and is responsible for scoping, planning, and managing the successful delivery of various technology-driven projects of change.
The Project Manager will successfully manage multiple projects, sometimes concurrently, to deliver business and operational value. These projects will varyingly run across HQ and/or the 40+ individual companies that make up the group.
This is a hands-on role and will involve managing internal and external resources from partner companies, such as service integrators and vendor teams. Given the international operating environment, the Project Manager will engage with global stakeholders across many time zones.
● Understand the programme goals as set according to the strategic objectives of our client. Programmes will cover HQ, individual companies, and the creation of various centres of excellence.
● Scope and plan each project from start to completion, including mapping plans to benefits, identifying staffing requirements / milestones / deliverables / timelines, sourcing resources to deliver.
● Manage multiple projects running concurrently, noting that new projects will be added on an ongoing basis.
● Hands-on, detailed project management in multiple settings, applying project management best practices and principles to every initiative, including project plans, RACIs, RAIDs, templates, etc
● Manage resources assigned to programmes, supervising all internal and external resources to provide feedback and resolve complex problems.
● Develop a detailed project plan to track progress for the end-to-end project lifecycle.
● Use change control methods to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs.
● Prepare budget views based on project scope and staffing requirements.
● Convert budget views into financial trackers for the purpose of tracking and managing budgets / forecasts / actuals across projects.
● Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques.
● Report and escalate to management as needed.
● Stakeholder management - manage stakeholders across multiple purposes, in a complex global environment.
● Risk management - perform active risk tracking and resolution to mitigate project failures.
● Partner management - engage with and manage partner organisations and service integrators to deliver on the key technology initiatives.
● Vendor management - establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors.
● Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
● Establish “business as usual” processes for delivered projects (like software updates etc).
● Build and maintain implementation roadmaps across the Technology landscape, and drive a phased approach for execution.
● Apply agile principles of project management and delivery to achieve results.
Operational Excellence - Previous experience in a project management role in a rapidly growing global company. Will have a track record of delivery excellence, with experience in successfully executing evolving technology change projects across back-office and front-office. Must be comfortable with working across multiple complex projects simultaneously.
Entrepreneurial “can-do approach” – Will be determined, creative, and resilient, with a ferocious work ethic. Will be highly resourceful and pragmatic and find a way to get to the right answer. Will be comfortable operating in an entrepreneurial, high-growth investment environment, and understand the complexity and challenges of navigating a business through this phase of its lifecycle.
Commercial, analytic & strategic – Will have demonstrated previous success in managing internal and external stakeholders and managing suppliers such as software vendors and service integrators. Will have superb communication and negotiation skills with a strategic mindset, exceptional clarity of thought and problem-solving capabilities. Will adopt a
hands-on approach, and be close to the detail, as needed.
Cultural fit – Will be non-political, energetic, hungry, smart, organised, collaborative, transparent, down-to-earth, highly motivated, and entrepreneurial. Have high integrity, passion, accountability, disciplined, detailed, a problem-solver, results-focused and a ‘can do’ attitude. Critically, one must be empathic and intuitive with a strong level of people skills and the ability to build strong relationships of trust at every level within the organisation. Must be a pragmatic, low-ego team-player with a high degree of emotional intelligence.
Business and Technical Experience Required
● Significant experience in delivering multiple IT transformation programs simultaneously and working in a fast-changing environment
● Strong experience in internal and external resource management
● At least 5 years of technology project management experience, with budget responsibility.
● Knowledge of various project management methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, Scrum, and others).
● Previous practical experience of working in an Agile environment and utilizing relevant tools, such as Azure DevOps.
● Ability to apply strategic thinking and demonstrate understanding of requirements to execute.
● Proven success in working with teams and executive leadership in a complex, global company environment.
● Proven experience working in a matrix environment, managing multiple stakeholders.
● Prince II or PMP certification preferred but not essential.
The office headquarters are located in Amersham in Buckinghamshire. There will be a mixture of working in the
office, travelling, and home working.
These are the unique cultural and behavioural principles that we require, protect and leverage to effectively optimise our organisational genes and deliver our purpose.
Live the purpose
Be passionate about making the world safer, cleaner, and healthier. See real problems and create innovative solutions.
Embrace the adventure
Continually grow and change, as individuals and collectively. Challenge assumptions and see opportunities. Seek insight from all directions and leverage diverse points of view.
Be an entrepreneur
Be an owner, risk-taker, visionary. Transform bold ambitions into reality. Be agile and responsive in the face of constant change. Be successful through and with others.
Say Yes, and...
Be comfortable with paradox. Choose Yes, and... to seemingly conflicting priorities. Build for tomorrow and deliver today. Have stability and constantly evolve. Enjoy autonomy and eagerly collaborate.
Just be a good person
Play to win, but not at the expense of others. Operate with impeccable ethics, transparency and integrity in all that you do.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and achieving diversity is a priority for them. They actively seek to balance gender and ethnicity in their workforce
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£50k - £55k Annual
£70k - £80k Annual
£60k - £65k Annual
£45k - £50k Annual
£45k - £50k Annual
£500 - £550 Daily
£380 - £397 Daily
£35k - £45k Annual
£40k - £45k Annual