Senior Devops Engineer
Posted on May 7, 2021 by CV-Library
Senior DevOps Engineer
Salary: £60-70K per annum
Location: Cardiff office OR fully Remote in the UK
Benefits & Perks:
* 25 days holiday + bank holidays + holiday for tenure
* Pension Scheme at 4% matched
* Private Medical Scheme with AXA including dental and optical cashplans
* Life Assurance Scheme
* Access to Sunlight - a learning & development platform with a £1000 training and wellness budget per year
* Cycle to Work Scheme
* Weekly demos to show what we're working on, monthly team meetings and regular company socials.
* Company perks such as fruit, snacks, fitness classes and weekly office beers
* Company outings and activities (previous fun included a trip to a gin distillery, karaoke, charity football match, Square Mile Relay, bowling and a day at River Cottage
We at Unify are super proud to be the exclusive partner to a creative, innovative Fintech business who are going through a hugely exciting period of growth.
Our client is well known in the industry for their awesome people-centric culture, and they are now on the hunt for a Senior DevOps Engineer with exceptional technical and leadership skills to join their talented team.
This role is ideally based in their Cardiff office, but could also be remote within the UK.
What you will be doing:
Our clients aim as a company is to continue building their product and expand their coverage in the market. In engineering, they're building a secure, scalable and robust system that powers one of the world’s largest Fintech platforms, so reliability is crucial. You will be joining their DevOps team with the aim of continuously improving their platform and coaching and enabling the rest of the engineering team to deliver and monitor releases.
Their engineers work in small product focused feature teams where collaboration is key. Their platform is primarily PHP/Nginx/MySQL but we are advocates of using the right tools for the job. They also run React/TypeScript and other technologies depending on the problem they want to solve.
They hire for good judgement and trust you to contribute to discussions and decisions that determine what is being built and how.
* Lead architectural discussions to ensure solutions are highly automated, scalable, secure and reliable
* They run on AWS hence with a focus on continuous deployment, and frequently evaluate their use of tools and partners
* Develop automation tools and frameworks to manage cloud deployment & configuration across production, staging, and dev/test environment servers
* Working with 3rd parties (including AWS) to drive and showcase best practice
* Troubleshoot and determine root cause failures and manage incident, problem and service issues
* Recommend best practice across the team for scalable release management and monitoring
Ideally you will:
Be an experienced and ambitious senior engineer who wants to create scalable and robust infrastructure. Deep expertise with AWS technologies and a focus on high levels of automation is a must. Experience of the following and the ability to learn quickly is important to enable us to take the platform to the next phase of growth:
* Configuration management tools (Ansible, Terraform, Packer)
* Experience with containerization in Docker and orchestration with Kubernetes
* Experience in maintaining multiple environments (dev, prod, stage etc)
* Strong experience in implementing CI / CD pipelines across multiple feature teams
* Experience and insights into alerting/monitoring tools
* Running databases such as MySQL, Redis and Elasticsearch
And you are:
* An excellent communicator, who actively listens and shows empathy, with an ability to influence both technical and non-technical audiences
* Open-minded and comfortable questioning the status quo, coming up with new solutions and considerate of others'
* Enthusiastic and positive, with a bias to action
* A team player! We're all in this together so be supportive and understanding
* Willing and able to take leadership and mentor/lead more junior DevOps engineers if required
Our client likes to nurture talent and ensure members of their team develop and hone their skills through training, attending conferences, subscriptions to online courses. They're passionate and hard-working, and take care of their team.
LIKE WHAT YOU HEAR??
WANT TO GET INVOLVED??
Then reach out and let's get the ball rolling
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£70k - £77k Annual
£70k - £77k Annual
£65k - £85k Annual
£65k - £75k Annual
£700 - £750 Daily
£65k - £85k Annual
£80k - £90k Annual