Senior Project Manager
Posted on May 7, 2021 by CV-Library
Senior Project Manager
Working with a leading Healthcare Insurance company the role will be accountable for managing the end to end project lifecycle, defining and leading the delivery of project outcomes and realising the expected benefits. This role is also responsible for establishing and driving the project governance to ensure successful delivery, and for establishing KPIs to ensure benefits realisation in BAU.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
* Be accountable for designing, planning and executing the project delivery, identifying and managing dependencies, risks and issues taking corrective action where needed, ensuring project deliverables meet requirements, in terms of quality, deadlines & budget
* Drive the preparation and approval for the project business case, clearly articulating the value expected and how the project will fully realise it.
* Develop and maintain the plan for their area of responsibility and actively manage against this plan (Scope, time and cost)
* Develop and implement effective governance framework and production of relevant artefacts in line with corporate governance requirements.
* Define and establish the project team, securing appropriate resources and managing performance through matrix management including effective resource planning.
* Identify and proactively manage project stakeholders, ensuring effective engagement at all levels.
* Manage the project's budget, monitoring & reporting costs and raising appropriate escalations where needed
* Responsible for ensuring that issues, risks and dependencies that relate to the project are identified, owned, managed, mitigated, resolved or accepted as appropriate
* Report progress at regular intervals, advising project steering committee of any deviation from the plan, escalating risks & issues as appropriate.
* Develop and implement a benefits realisation plan ensuring appropriate KPI measurements are in place post project implementation to support full benefit realisation
* Managing internal & external project communication including managing information flows between layers and any internal or external teams or suppliers
Specialist Skills and Experience:
* Proven large scale project management delivery, demonstrating successful delivery of the Project Lifecycle from definition to benefits realisation
* Accreditation in recognised project management methodologies including Agile methodologies
* Experience of planning, budgeting and business case preparation for complex and/or large-scale projects
* Excellent leadership, communication, interpersonal and stakeholder management skills (influencing and negotiating, expectation and relationship management)
* Proven ability to proactively and productively challenge and feedback to project team within a matrix management structure
* Proven ability to challenge the status quo constructively at all levels and escalate appropriately
* Significant experience in business case development and cost benefit analysis, including baseline analysis, assessing outcomes and benefits realisation management
* Good experience of financial planning and analysis and budget management including use of supporting tools
* Advanced project management skills including cost, quality, risk, schedule management, change control, governance management and end to end testing of change delivery
* Strong change leadership skills including culture change techniques and developing the vision and case for change
* Understanding of process excellence commercially and operationally
* Strong commercial acumen including experience of managing vendor relationships
* Strong conflict management skills
* Strong attention to detail
* Works independently, using initiative and judgement to make decisions
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£500 - £533 Daily
£70k - £80k Annual
£40k - £40k Annual
£40k - £50k Annual
£21.7 - £25.5 Hourly
£60k - £80k Annual
£45k - £50k Annual
£65k - £70k Annual
£65k - £75k Annual