Posted on May 7, 2021 by CV-Library
We are working with a horticultural business who are looking to bring in a Management Accountant to their finance team due to their ongoing growth. The business is very well recognised and established within their market sectors. They are based within modern offices and pride themselves on creating an excellent work culture for all of their teams.
Working as part of the Finance Team supporting the transactional, reporting and control activities across the finance and payroll function, you will play the key role of supporting the Finance Manager and being responsible for the Finance Administrator.
The Successful Applicant:
You will be a newly qualified or working towards CIMA or equivalent and have had exposure to producing management accounts. You will need to be driven and ambitious along with desire to progress your career. As you would expect you will be an excellent communicator both written and verbally and also be a strong MS Excel user.
What’s on Offer:
You will get a competitive salary along with an excellent benefits package from our client. This is a great opportunity for a newly qualified accountant to progress their career within an excellent business. They are based in an accessible location with free parking on site.
Key Elements of the Role:
* Producing timely and accurate month end reporting with detailed understanding of variances to budgets. Production of relevant commentary and dashboards.
* Assist in the year end process, ensuring accurate accruals & prepayments are reflected in JDE. Provide support in the preparation and completion of year end schedules.
* Review and analysis of balance sheet reconciliations, ensuring full, complete and accurate reconciliations with appropriate evidence. Timely resolution of issues.
* Working with the Operations Manager to produce labour models to support budget and reforecast processes as well as providing clear labour analysis and reporting.
* Manage Budget and Re-forecast processes including reviews with relevant stakeholders.
* Be the GDPR Finance & Payroll lead for the business ensuring
What We Would Like to See from You:
* Knowledge of financial transaction processes including journals, reconciliations, stock and goods receipts.
* Working closely with external stakeholders, setting budgets and period reporting
* Experience of working in a horticultural business would be advantageous
* Working knowledge of JDE
* Working knowledge of a Payroll and T&A system Able to work independently and make decisions where appropriate based on