Posted on May 7, 2021 by CV-Library
DATA ANALYST - Competitive Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience and Expectations
COMPANY DESCRIPTION, PROFILE AND SCOPE OF ROLE
Our client is a world class, award winning, long established and growing manufacturing business, with strong and sustained investment in people, capital and plant. Due to continued growth, they are recruiting a Data Analyst.
Reporting to the head of data, and liaising with a broad range of people across the organisation, the successful candidate will be responsible for performing data analysis activities with stakeholders. The broad remit will involve supporting existing work and creating brand new analyses. A key focus of the role will be to collaborate in the development of use cases, which will clearly identify business goals and data requirements.
Significant supervision and support will be available from others in the team, however this is a varied role and therefore will best suit a self-starter willing to deeply understand the broader company objectives and how proposed data projects support them.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES – Data Analyst
* Perform exploratory data analysis on a range of complex business problems
* Working with team members and stakeholders on data analyses, from supporting existing work, to creating new analyses. (The delivery and communication of these will be iterative with a view to finding the next best analysis step to satisfy the stakeholder's objective).
* Ensuring that enough documentation is created for analyses as appropriate. Where appropriate and possible, documentation will reside alongside the analysis code and compiled together in a reproducible pipeline.
* Contributing to data pipelines that clean, transform and aggregate data from disparate data sources into reporting data stores
* Providing input on the company data strategy by suggesting and proving new technologies and innovations
* Identifying cost saving initiatives while maintaining the highest levels of customer service and compliance.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES – Data Analyst
* Data engineering or general software engineering
* Chemistry, Manufacturing or Smart Factory experience
* Data pipelining (ETL); the creation, maintenance and orchestration of transformation tasks (e.g. in Apache Airflow or Azure Data Factory)
* A demonstrable numerical/science interest and skillset. Either obtained through academia (e.g. BSc Statistics) and/or other experience
* Ability to deeply understand a business problem, seek out the relevant data and iteratively deliver exploratory analyses that target that problem
* Some experience with self-service data analysis tools: e.g. MS Excel, MS Power BI
* Some experience with modern data programming languages: Python, R, SQL
* Attention to detail, improving process efficiency without sacrificing quality
* Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
* Excellent organisational skills
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£25k - £28k Annual
£27.5k - £27.5k Annual
£0 - £0 Annual
£500 - £535 Daily
£50k - £65k Annual
£30k - £30k Annual
£400 - £475 Daily
£45k - £50k Annual