Cyber Security Analyst
Posted on May 7, 2021 by CV-Library
Office Depot has an exciting opportunity for a Cyber Security Analyst to join the team in our UK office in Milton Keynes. The role is a full-time, permanent position offering an excellent salary and benefits package.
We are Office Depot. We provide business supplies and services to help our customers work better - whatever their workplace. We are a single source for everything customers need to be more productive, including the latest technology, core office supplies, print and document services, business services, facilities products, furniture, and school essentials.
Benefits of joining us as our Cyber Security Analyst:
- An attractive and competitive salary
- Excellent benefits scheme
- Generous holidays
- Free onsite parking
We are seeking a Cyber Security Analyst to work as a member of the IT Security Operations team responsible for the execution of analytics, investigations, resolution, and reporting. The security operations team covers a range of security disciplines from vulnerability management, alert and response management through to measurement and reporting of the firm’s security posture.
Responsibilities of our Cyber Security Analyst include:
- Analysing and assessing security incidents and escalating to client resources or appropriate internal teams for additional assistance
- Assessing the IT Landscape and identifying the relevant and cost-effective integration points with outsourcing Security services and technology platforms
- Working in an outsourced IT environment with multiple IT Service Providers and with the Security services provider to identify the best solutions for deployment and integration of these services
- Defining and implementing together with the Security Services Providers the security event monitoring use cases
- Providing data-driven insights into improvement opportunities for security management
- Helping stakeholders to determine the best course of action to remedy the problem
- Ensuring the ongoing core objectives and SLA of the Security Service providers are accomplished and measurable
- Describing security requirements for new projects, change requests and Problems
- Liaising between Service providers and internal teams on changes and incidents
- Participating in projects to ensure proper embedding of security requirements
- Analysing the security of our cloud implementations and driving improvements
Our ideal Cyber Security Analyst will also have the following skills and experience:
- Higher vocational degree in Computer Science or a related subject with 6 - 8 years of broad relevant experience or academic degree in Computer Science or a related subject, with a minimum 4 - 6 years of broad relevant experience
- Experience with a Security Operations environment
- Security certifications preferred (CISSP, CISM, SANS)
- Working knowledge of cyber-attack techniques, cyber kill chain, and effective compensating mitigation and detection controls
- Knowledge and understanding of up-to-date security threats and common exploits
- Knowledge and experience working with PCI, ISO 27000 standards, ITIL
- Understanding of the underlying protocols and data used as the basis for the security monitoring service, including HTTP, HTTPS, SQL, TCP/IP, Active Directory
- Knowledge and experience working with security tools used to monitor business environments (SIEM, NetFlow, IDS/IPS, Vulnerability Management, Advanced malware detection, AntiVirus etc).
- Strong knowledge of business processes and IT systems, IT architecture and methods en tools that are related to own discipline
Want to join our team? If you feel you have the skills and experience required for the Cyber Security Analyst role, please click ‘Apply’ today and take your next step towards a career with Office Depot
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£50k - £50k Annual
£30k - £30k Annual
£400 - £500 Daily
£26 - £26 Hourly
£32 - £32 Hourly
£23k - £26k Annual