Posted on May 7, 2021 by CV-Library
Job Title: UX Designer
Salary: £35 – 50K (dependant on experience) + comprehensive range of Employee Benefits
Location: Home Based + occasional travel to customer sites (when restrictions lifted)
Are you an experienced UX Designer looking to join a highly successful and growing UX Practice designing and delivering solutions to high profile UK Customers?
Our Clients busy and highly successful UX Team deliver an elite UX Research and Design service to high profile Government Digital Service (GDS) programmes as well as in other sectors. They continue to expand and are currently recruiting for a further UX Designer. The role is home based with the need to travel to Customer site as required, (one day per week typically when restrictions are lifted).
As a UX Designer you will join a talented team applying your UX principles and practices to research, design, deliver and maintain highly engaging end-to-end user experiences. You will be a conceptual thinker who can marry a deep understanding of user behaviour and business needs using digital technologies to deliver strategic value to their clients.
* The UX Designer will be part of a multidisciplinary team and tackle all aspects of the design process. You will be creatively solving complex problems in omni-channel engagement projects from different perspectives, contexts and research outcomes, while applying your own analytical thinking and UX principles.
* To deliver optimum user experiences you will be able to define the design process, steer from insights to ideas, and finally make abstract workflows tangible for users.
* Accommodate industry design standards and best practices to define UX design principles and implement design criteria, and apply user-centred design methodologies to ensure that changes are based on user needs and improvement can be measurable.
* Provide interaction and UI design through user flows, define the information architecture, produce wireframes and prototypes and validate designs.
* Produce personas, map out customer journeys, develop service blueprints and conduct usability testing for complex digital products and services, and use a variety of methods to generate and prioritise ideas and features.
Skills required as follows:
* 2/3+ years’ experience in digital service / product design with a portfolio of case studies
* Government Digital framework (GDS) knowledge / experience is very useful but not essential
* Good understanding of user experience design principles and methodologies
* Good knowledge of rapid prototyping tools such as Axure or UXPin
* Understanding of WCAG and other accessibility requirements beneficial
* Knowledge of web, mobile and tablet design standards and considerations beneficial
* Experience of primary and secondary research methods to gather data on user needs (e.g. stakeholder meetings, card sorting, focus groups, usability testing or competitor analysis)
* Excellent analytical and problem solving skills;
* Strong influencing, negotiation and communication skills (written, verbal, presentation) with the ability to be a thought partner/ coach to clients and internal team;
* Working knowledge of prototyping in code - HTML and CSS would be a bonus;
* Eligibility to obtain SC Clearance (UK resident for the last 5 years)
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£32.6k - £35.6k Annual
£40k - £50k Annual
£30k - £38k Annual
£400 - £500 Daily
£25k - £30k Annual
£60k - £80k Annual
£45k - £50k Annual
£55k - £65k Annual
£45k - £65k Annual