Mechanical Design Engineer
Posted on May 7, 2021 by CV-Library
Job Reference: J(phone number removed)
Job Title: Mechanical Design Engineer
Start Date: 17 May 2021
About the Company:
Our client is one of the largest independent aerospace and defence companies in the world delivering innovation and excellence in engineering, support solutions and services in the air, on land and at sea.
Since 1909, we have been valued for our integrity, performance and customer focus which we have demonstrated through our innovative solutions and ability to deliver on time and to cost.
Specialising in the conversion and modification of military, civil and business aircraft, alongside defence vehicle engineering and shelter manufacture. Our capabilities include engineering design, manufacture, test and the provision of personnel, training and advice, whilst providing maintenance, integration and product support.
We are currently looking for an experienced mechanical design engineer that has relevant Aerospace structural repair design experience. The role requires hands on experience in design tools such as AutoCAD and the ability to do preliminary stress hand calculations for structural sizing purposes. The ideal candidate will also possess a broad knowledge of Aerospace Engineering and be able to demonstrate a desire to work enthusiastically in a dynamic, multi-disciplined environment on a diverse range of Aerospace programmes.
Successful applicants will exhibit the following abilities:
* Demonstrate a good understanding in Aerospace Engineering and relevant experience in designing and developing metallic structures (Primary and Secondary), while working within a team to create and update detail and assembly drawings and models.
* Ability to develop technical solutions, compliant with requirements and regulations within agreed programmes and timescales.
* Relevant degree qualification or proven experience within the Aerospace Design sector
Skills and Qualifications:
* Proficiency in the use of AutoCAD with exposure to a typical PLM system.
* Basic stress analysis capability to substantiate preliminary design work concepts.
* Possess a high level of communication skills both written and verbal at all levels.
* Generate engineering reports and be able to present data and findings in a clear, concise and constructive way.
* Work effectively as a part of a team or under their own initiative.
* Be resourceful and adaptable, with good interpersonal skills.
* Exhibit an appreciation of manufacturing and assembly techniques and constraints during the design cycle.
* Demonstrable experience within an Aerospace Structural Design environment
* Degree, or relevant experience, in Aerospace Engineering
Whether you’re looking for your next job or searching out the next superstar to join your team…
Aeropeople’s expertise and experience is entrenched in the aerospace, aviation, engineering, motorsport, automotive, and defence industries. We have the insight and know-how at both a local and international level to help bring people and businesses together, saving time and energy. Our capability is validated through our Engineering Services division encompassing Aircraft Line Maintenance services and Continuing Airworthiness Maintenance Organisation (CAMO), combined with our Aviation Training division offering technical training aircraft courses.
During registration, please let us know where you are currently located or which locations you would consider taking a position in, required salary and notice period
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£0 - £0 Annual
£35k - £40k Annual
£25k - £28k Annual
£25k - £28k Annual
£45k - £55k Annual
£50k - £60k Annual
£45k - £50k Annual
£65k - £75k Annual
£65k - £75k Annual