Posted on May 6, 2021 by COMPACT INDUSTRIES, INC.
Compact Industries, Inc. is a family owned and operated company in St. Charles, Illinois - specialized in contract manufacturing, blending and packaging of powdered food products since 1963.
Hours are 8am to 4pm M-F. Weekend work may be required at times.
Apply with us today to become a part of our growing team!
Benefits: Medical, Vision, Dental, 401K, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, Onsite Gym, Wellness Programs, Non-Exempt Sign-On Bonus.
To create, evaluate and provide samples to meet customer requirements- internal and external. To ensure that the customer gets their samples on time.
- Check emails. Receive instructions from Managers and Food Scientist about changes in existing formulas or create new ones.
- Evaluate any expired material, batches on hold, new ingredients approval.
- Prepare samples according to preparation procedure. Call Manager and Food Scientist to evaluate sample and control. Follow instructions for next steps.
- Retrieve ingredients from warehouse if needed while following all GMPs.
- Weight ingredients according to the formula and mix them. Weight the formula; get density, brix, screen analysis, and any other analytical data. Evaluate before sending to customer.
- Pack and ship according to customer's instructions. Enter information in correspond file. Keep accurate data log.
- Keep laboratory clean and organized, including washing dishes, cleaning counters and cabinets.
- Evaluate samples with R&D team and identify differences to help with product development and hold batches.
- Make an inventory of supplies (spoons, plastic cups, bags, beakers, etc.). Notify Manager and Food Scientist if more supplies needed.
- Make an inventory of ingredients needed in lab, replace expired ones. Send list of ingredients taken from warehouse to inventory group to make the proper adjustments in Syspro.
- Keep R&D file folders organized.
- Assist in completing finished good specifications.
- Make up R&D standards for first commercialization runs.
- Keep a retain of each sample sent to customer. Make space for future retains by discarding old retains.
- Make a list of all new ingredients received from suppliers and keep them in numbered boxes for easy retrieval.
- Keep R & D cage clean and Organized.
- Maintain the R&D outside area by keeping items organized and clean. Discard all expired samples.
- Review R&D procedures and forms with the R&D department
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to lift on average of 20 lbs.
- 30% of the day standing or walking.
- May be required to work odd hours as necessary for plant trial and/or Q.A./plant support.
- Proficient in word, excel, email
- Bag sealer, mixer, K-Cup sealer, scale, cappuccino machine
- Multitasking, organizational skills
- The Ability to handle confidential information
- The ability to speak Spanish is a plus
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience in R&D Laboratory and production facility