Posted on May 6, 2021 by CV-Library
UK Biobank have an exciting opportunity for a Business Analyst to join their team.
Location: Stockport, Manchester
Salary: £46,000 per annum
Job Type: 2 Year Fixed Term
UK Biobank is the world leading health-related data resource, we collect a make available a plethora of datasets on our ½ million cohort members, to allow industry and academic scientist from around the world conduct research that will improve the health of future generations. As a not for profit charity, we recruited 500,000 participants aged 40 to 69 years old between 2006 and 2010, with the commitment of following this cohort for 30 years.
The participants provided original data at assessment centres that included physical measures, samples and questionnaires; this data is regularly enhanced with data linkage from NHS services. In addition to this, enhancement projects are regularly carried out with the cohort which results in large and varied datasets for example; DICOM images from MR & dexa scans, accelerometer data, and more recently whole exome and whole genome sequencing data of all 500,000 participants.
Business Analyst – The Role:
We are seeking an enthusiastic, highly skilled and motivated Business Analyst to join the Project Management Office, working alongside BAs and PMO colleagues to help define, deliver and document UK Biobanks’ enhancement projects alongside business change and continuous improvement.
As a BA you will work with both internal and external stakeholders to ensure all business processes and system requirements are captured to enable successful projects. They will support the growth and development of a large-petabyte-scale biomedical database and research resource, containing in-depth genetic and health information of half a million UK participants.
Attention to detail, ability to work autonomously, prioritising your workload whilst supporting a diverse range of projects and business change are key skills you will have. You will take ownership and lead on requirements ensuring that all processes a suitably modelled; supporting key work-streams within projects. You will ensure the development of the BI dashboard and reporting using BI tools such as, PowerBI.
As part of a newly formed PMO, you will help to form the department and take an active role in its evolution. You will become the domain expert in a functional area of the business ensuring that you disseminate your knowledge to all team members.
Business Analyst – You:
- Educated to degree level
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in business analysis
- The ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with them to determine acceptable solutions
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual thinking and problem solving abilities
- Proficient in the full software development lifecycle
- Experience working on complex and business critical systems
- Ability to clarify, plan and prioritise own work in order to achieve objectives
- Ability to work proactively in order to ensure objectives are met in a timely manner
- Ability to influence others in order to achieve objectives
- Ability to analyse complex problems and propose solutions while satisfying any constraints imposed by the business i.e. resource or time
- Ability to consider risks, wider impact of decisions, assessing possible outcomes and their likelihood
- Ability to challenge decisions and proposals appropriately to ensure processes are robust
- Ability to identify when escalation is required to a more senior level
- Demonstrated experience of best practices for organizing, managing and reporting on data
- Practical experience in Business Intelligence
- Experience creating detailed reports and giving presentations to users and executive management
You might also have:
- B.S. degree in Informatics, Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Science or related field
- Strong biotech, pharmaceutical or life sciences industry expertise and leadership
- Knowledge/experience of standardized quality control pipelines for ensuring data quality, provenance and integrity
- Ability to use coaching & mentoring skills and skills of persuasion & negotiation to lead teams and deliver business change
UK Biobank is a fully inclusive, equal opportunity employer that offers a competitive salary, 26 days holiday (increasing with length of service), USS pension scheme, Staff discount scheme, life assurance cover, access to EAP and an active social committee with staff events.
To begin your application for this exciting Business Analyst opportunity, please click ‘Apply’ now to be redirected to our careers page.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£40k - £45k Annual
£45k - £50k Annual
£40k - £45k Annual
£50k - £65k Annual
£43.5k - £48.4k Annual
£30k - £40k Annual
£40k - £40k Annual
£40k - £55k Annual