Posted on May 6, 2021 by CV-Library
On behalf of our client, we are looking to recruit an experienced Research Surgeon to provide surgical expertise and scientific input into the daily activities of the facility. The successful candidate will provide surgical services to in-house and external customers and collaborate with internal colleagues to assist in the development of new products and surgical techniques.
* Degree in biosciences and relevant laboratory experience.
* Home Office Personal Licence 1-4 is essential.
* Experience with surgical techniques.
* Experience working with small and large laboratory animals is including pigs, sheep, rabbits, mice, and rats.
* Experience with microsurgery and abdominal surgery is desirable.
* Be physically fit to handle large animals and work standing up.
* Supervisory or project management experience would be advantageous.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Animal handling and daily health and welfare checks of multi-species.
* Carrying out surgical procedures on contract research projects, performing macro and microsurgeries.
* Conduct necropsies.
* Advising and discussing with contract research customers regarding study design
* Preparing and pre-medication of animals before transportation to the theatre suite and delivering peri-operative animal care.
* Anesthetising animals by injection and inhalational techniques and supervision of anaesthesia during operative procedures.
* Take on the role of Study Director and Project Licence Holder as required.
* Liaison with veterinary surgeons on animal welfare issues during regulatory visits.
* Liaison with Home Office Inspectors during visits if necessary.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process