Posted on May 6, 2021 by CV-Library
Are you an experienced Software engineer?
Do you have design and implementation experience?
Do you have an interest in mobile robotics?
Come and join the team at RACE, (Remote Applications in Challenging Environments). We design Remote Handling equipment for fusion and non-fusion applications in challenging environments according to established project methodology
RACE is part of UK Atomic Energy Authority, and together they are working help shape the future of the world`s energy playing a part in our carbon-free energy future.
In your role you'll be involved in the design and implementation of software for robotic remote handling systems, you will be responsible for the integration and commissioning of the software and supporting colleagues with software matters.
In your role you'll be responsible for:
* Specification, design, and implementation of software for robotic systems.
* Specification, design, and implementation of graphical user interface software.
* Procurement of database and application infrastructure and services.
* Integrating and commissioning systems.
* Supporting other engineers and managers with application issues.
* Representing RACE with customers and collaborators.
* Acting as sole or primary interface to internal and external collaborators on project work or areas of specific expertise.
* Acting as key resource on projects of moderate scale and/or complexity.
* Performing business development activities including networking and supporting bids.
Responsible for managing own time and small or moderately sized projects
* Bachelors degree in Software Engineering or a related subject.
* At least 2 years experience working in software development.
* Experience with C++ and other Object Orientated Languages.
* Experience of design and practical implementation of Graphical User Interfaces.
* Experience with database design and interrogation (SQL).
* Experience with ASP.NET, MVC, and Entity Framework
* A strong understanding of software engineering techniques and design principles including lifecycle, version control (Git, SVN etc..), documentation.
* Good interpersonal and communication skills, and a proven ability to function as part of a team.
* An excellent working knowledge of English.
Ideally you should have:
* Experience in Robotics / Machine Learning / Computer Vision / Automated Planning.
* At least 5 years' experience working in a related engineering field.
* Knowledge of mathematical modelling and optimisation.
* Familiarity with system modelling UML/SysML beneficial.
* General interest in mobile robotics and engineering.
* Experience with computer graphics, VR, and AR.
* Understanding of sensor fusion techniques.
- Please note, this role is strictly within IR35 and only available on PAYE/Umbrella basis.
- To work at UK Atomic Energy Authority you will be required to complete an online Disclosure Certificate application as part of their clearance - The Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks will show the details of all current criminal convictions (convictions considered unspent under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974) or will confirm that there are no such convictions.
Both Rullion & UK Atomic Energy Authority actively promotes equality and values diversity in our workforce.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£30k - £45k Annual
£40k - £45k Annual
£40k - £65k Annual
£35k - £45k Annual
£30k - £65k Annual