Posted on May 6, 2021 by CV-Library
Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA) is looking for an experienced Product Owner to join our team based in Cheltenham. You will ensure delivery teams (e.g. scrum) understand what needs to be delivered, by developing a product vision, sense of requirements and relative priorities. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and in return, will receive a highly competitive salary of £36,001 - £45,000 per annum.
This role will report to the Head of Service Development and may be managerially responsible for one or more Data Quality Analysts.
HESA exists to advance education by collecting, analysing and disseminating data about the UK higher education sector. This is a really exciting time to join HESA as we continue our transformation with the strategic aim to be the analytical powerhouse for the UK higher education sector.
Responsibilities of our Product Owner:
- Collaborate and negotiate with the business stakeholders to devise a product backlog that communicates a common vision and defines the success criteria for the product.
- Use own knowledge of the business and data collection streams to influence and identify items for the Product Backlog and assist the Scrum team in finding solutions.
- Act as the Product Owner for an agile delivery team; owning and managing the product backlog and encouraging the participation of team members to refine the product backlog.
- Clearly express the product backlog by writing user stories that with clarity and acceptance criteria ensure the successful delivery of the features in each sprint.
- Continually evaluate the progress of the product backlog with reference to information such as the team velocity to deliver on schedule.
What we’re looking for in our Product Owner:
- You will be a skilled negotiator able to manage stakeholder expectations.
- Comfortable with change, able to fail fast, learn quickly and adapt to new challenges.
- A good understanding of data processing and reporting.
- In-depth knowledge and experience of HESA data collection streams.
- Experience of working in an agile/scrum environment.
- Experience of business analysis and/or managing a team is highly desirable.
What can we offer you as our Product Owner?
HESA’s bright and modern offices are right in the heart of Cheltenham, situated on the Promenade – the proximity to the shops, cafes and bars make this an attractive location and provide opportunities for socialising. The salary range for this post is £36,001k - £45,000k. We offer an attractive package with initially 25 days leave, increasing to 30 days, plus bank holidays and extra Agency shutdown at Christmas; flexible working including remote and home working options; pension scheme and occupational health support.
Application forms should be completed via our recruitment portal; it is planned that any suitable candidates will be interviewed at the earliest possible opportunity.
If you have the skills and experience, we require for this role and are looking for a new challenge then please click ‘apply’ today to be forwarded to our on-line recruitment portal and become our new Product Owner.
Thank you for your interest in HESA.
No Agencies please
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£50k - £60k Annual
£65k - £75k Annual
£35k - £50k Annual
£53k - £53k Annual
£35k - £45k Annual
£40k - £50k Annual
£40k - £50k Annual
£55k - £60k Annual
£55k - £70k Annual
£35k - £40k Annual