Posted on May 6, 2021 by CV-Library
East Suffolk Council has 6 exciting Veterinary Surgeon positions available based in Felixstowe. You will join us on a full time, 18-month fixed-term contract (which offers the potential to become permanent in the future) and will work on a rotational shift pattern. In return, you will receive a competitive salary of £36,922 - £40,87 per annum, plus shift allowance.
Suffolk Coastal Port Health Authority is expanding!
It is a really exciting time to be joining our Port Health Team as we transform our services in response to the UK’s departure from the European Union, recruiting an additional 60 team members.
Our mission is the protection of public and animal health, carrying out a range of checks to ensure imported goods are safe for all of us in the UK.
East Suffolk Council is a great place to work and there are lots of benefits our employees can access. To find out more about why we are so proud of East Suffolk Council and to hear why our employees think it is such a great place to work, visit our website.
About the Veterinary Surgeon role:
Your role as an Veterinary Surgeon will be to work with our existing Veterinary Surgeons (OVS) in dealing with veterinary checks on imports of products of animal origin to ensure they are safe for distribution to the UK.
Initially, you will participate in a rotational shift pattern covering 06.30am - 10pm weekdays and 06.30am - 2.30pm at weekends which attracts a 14% shift allowance. This will soon be changing to 24/7 rota (day and night shifts), which will attract a 23.5% shift allowance on top of the base salary. This will be worked on a 12-hour rotating shift pattern (5 days on, 6 days off, 5 nights on, 6 days off), offering an attractive work-life balance. As this is a new service, the shift pattern will be kept under regular review to ensure it meets operational needs.
What we are looking for in our ideal Veterinary Surgeon:
- A member of the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (MRCVS)
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Decision-making and negotiation skills
What can we offer?
- Opportunities for training and development to enable you to build a great career with our organisation.
- Attractive work life balance with the added benefit of 6 non-working days between shifts
- Generous leave entitlement (equivalent to 24 days a year, increasing to 30 days after 5 years’ service)
- Local government pension scheme
- Free car parking
- Discounts on mobile phones, computers, holiday and travel, fashion and clothing, health & beauty and many other products and services
Why not click ‘apply’ today to find out more about the role and be considered as our Veterinary Surgeon – we would love to hear from you!
Closing date: 16 May 2021, 11.30pm
Interviews: 27 May 2021
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£40k - £55k Annual
£35k - £47k Annual
£40k - £50k Annual