Posted on May 6, 2021 by CV-Library
Process/ Chemical Engineer
Excellent Salary and Benefits package
Process Engineer | Chemical Engineer | Manufacturing Process | Textiles | FMCG | Lean Manufacturing| Six Sigma | Process Improvement | Process Engineering Control | Unionised | Quality Control | Process Improvement | Cost Efficiency | BEng | HND | SQC| Analytical | Internal Audit | Health & Safety | Real-Time Monitoring | Derby
Baseline Recruit are working with a global, market leading manufacturing business in the search for an exceptional Process/Chemical Engineer. This is a pivotal role within the business working closely with the engineering team to take responsibility for maintaining, developing, and optimising the key processes to reduce costs, improve quality and reduce process downtime within a LEAN framework.
The successful candidate will be HND or degree educated within chemical or mechanical engineering discipline with a minimum of 5 years+ experience in a continuous process environment with complex recipes and high value add processing within a relevant sector such as Paper, Textiles, Film, FMCG, Pharma, Food, Plastics Manufacturing. An excellent communicator with the ability to influence and persuade colleagues to change existing practices.
Key areas of responsibility:
* Analyse, evaluate and monitor the manufacturing process ensuring all deviations from processes are amended
Identifying inefficiencies in the processes and finding resolutions to rectify keeping cost efficiencies maximised
* Delivering and reporting regular recommendations regarding maintaining effectiveness and CI while ensuring all quality standards, regulations and legislations are met.
* Improving cost efficiencies where possible while maintaining schedule demands, H&S, environmental systems and quality.
* Maintaining on and offline production gauging/data systems where necessary
* Supporting other areas of the production team relating to process improvement
* Managing relevant process documentation regarding internal and external audit criteria
* Evaluation of equipment and processes ensuring efficiency and quality are maintained to the highest standards
* Testing production process improvements and adjustments
* Monthly reporting on relevant process department KPIs including operational KPIs, CI ideas and H&S improvements
* Liaising with External Suppliers, External Contractors and personnel regarding quality, process, maintenance and repairs
* Communicating presentations and reports pertinent to process department
* Providing and communicating technical knowledge and expertise to wider teams when required
* Controlling and authorising procedures, systems and equipment in relation to knowledge and expertise
* Assisting with various strategic projects when required
What do you need to Apply?
HND or Degree in relevant area- e.g. Engineering
Strong communication skills- both written and verbal
Experience gained within a textiles, FMCG, Pharma or plastics manufacturing
Demonstrable experience in a Continuous Improvement environment
Chemical and process engineering knowledge
Demonstrable experience in process improvement in complex manufacturing environment
Strong attention to detail and the ability to pro-actively solve problems
Strong analytical and evaluation skills with excellent data systems experience
Knowledge of Online radiation measurement equipment
Ability to carry out flexible working
What’s in it for you?
Excellent working environment
Highly competitive salary
Contributory pension scheme