Wind Turbine Main Component Technician
Posted on May 6, 2021 by Cathcart Energy Associates
Wind Turbine Main Component Technician needed to join our client in the UK Onshore Wind O&M Sector.
Applicants must have experience in heavy lifting operations within the wind industry, with Vestas Authorisation being highly desirable. You must hold a UK driving licence and be comfortable with weekly travel to various locations around the UK.
The successful candidate will be joining an established team assisting with all Major Component and Heavy Lift operations across the clients 23 UK sites.
Due to the nature of the role we would welcome candidates with demonstrable experience of being able to work autonomously.
A good level of IT literacy is also required and candidates must hold a minimum NVQ Level 3 in a related technical discipline (ideally mechanical/hydraulic or electrical) to be considered for interview.
Further role requirements include, but are not limited to;
* be part of, with a view to leading, main component replacement teams
* Proficient in analytical fault finding
* Can assist with the resolution of onsite technical issues and implement technical improvements
* Proven experience in changing gearboxes, transformers and generators within a turbine
* Identify and specifying tooling requirements
* Preparation of reporting templates and other technical documentation
* Has worked in a health and safety focused environment.
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience.
Rota for Major Components roles for Authorised Technicians is 40 hours working week (7:45 - 15:45) Monday- Friday, overtime at 150% (above 40 hours) travel after an hour is 150% also.
Please note due to weather windows big jobs can be longer hours, late evenings or weekends
Benefits include: 32 days holiday (inclusive of 4 bank holidays) holidays increase 1 day every 2 years' service up to maximum of 37 days, private pension via royal London and private health insurance via AXA, we also pay holiday pay.
For more information and to apply please contact Hamza Jabir at Cathcart Energy Edinburgh.