Posted on May 5, 2021 by CV-Library
PLEASE NOTE YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE IN THE OFFICE EVERYDAY, SO IF YOU THINK THE LOCATION IS TOO FAR...THINK AGAIN...
This company is a high technology leading edge organisation that has new technologies within the arena of tunnels.
Their engineering team is a deliberate mix of talent from non-tunnelling sectors such as advanced materials, aerospace, oil and gas, motorsport and geoscience.
They are looking for a Design Engineer from any of these backgrounds to add to their growing team of super bright and intelligent engineers.
You must be forward thinking, an innovator and full of ideas using the latest technology, including Artificial Intelligence.
The Software Engineer role will involve innovation and development of new cutting edge products and supporting technical bid and project activities. Our systems support Customers around the world in helping them produce software solutions for civil engineering problems,
Essential skills and knowledge
* Strong C++ and Java
* Experience of modern libraries including STL, Apache libraries (NiFi etc)
* Good grasp of networking fundamentals.
* Ability and desire to learn new programming languages and technologies quickly.
* Proven problem-solving and fault-finding skills
* Evidence of innovation and initiative
* Linux development experience
* Windows development experience
* Experience of scripting languages
Essential competencies and experience:
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Attention to detail and accuracy
Desirable competencies and experience:
* Scripting languages e.g. Ruby, Python, Bash
* Knowledge of distributed version control systems
* Experience with automated build and continuous integration suites
* Understanding of low-level computing concepts
* Defect Tracking software (JIRA preferred)
* Experience planning, estimating and designing system components
* Customer facing skills
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£30k - £45k Annual
£40k - £45k Annual
£40k - £65k Annual
£35k - £45k Annual
£30k - £65k Annual