Posted on May 5, 2021 by CV-Library
Job Title: Freight Forwarder
Working Hours: Monday – Friday
Salary: £30,000 + Depending on experience
Due to continued growth, we are recruiting for a Freight Forwarder to join an established business located in Preston. The successful candidate will be responsible for pricing, quoting and organising freight movements via air, road and sea and completing shipping documentation whilst maintaining an excellent level of customer service.
In return, you will receive a basic salary of £30,000 + depending on experience, company pension scheme, death in service, 28 days holiday including bank holidays, ongoing training and development and the chance to work for a growing, forward thinking and dynamic business.
As the Freight Forwarder you will be responsible for:
• Price, quote, negotiate and organising freight movements with a vast contact base of sub-contractors.
• Ensure solid cost control through the arrangement of transport solutions at the low rate, without compromising upon quality
• Timely complete and respond to all customer queries surrounding transport solutions.
• Select shipment routes, based on nature of goods, transit times, or security needs.
• Complete shipping documentation, such as bills of lading, packing lists, dock receipts, certificates of origin and customs clearance (via agents)
• Consolidate loads with a common destination to reduce costs to individual shippers
• Maintain current knowledge of relevant legislation, political situations, or other factors that could affect freight shipping
As the Freight Forwarder you will have the following:
• Freight forwarding experience of at least 3 years
• Excellent knowledge of the freight and transport industry
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Organisational skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Good knowledge of IT Systems including Word, Excel and Outlook
• Enjoy working in a team environment
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£18k - £20k Annual
£18k - £20k Annual
£18k - £22k Annual
£14.5 - £16.5 Hourly
£10 - £10 Hourly