Junior Quality Control Technician Day Shift or Night Shift
Posted on May 5, 2021 by Cornerstone Building Brands
Junior Quality Control Technician Day Shift or Night Shift Ellenboro, WV 26346, USA Req #9389
Tuesday, April 27, 2021
Cornerstone Building Brands is the largest manufacturer of exterior building products in North America. Our comprehensive portfolio spans the breadth of the residential and commercial markets, while our expansive footprint enables us to serve customers and communities across North America. Our relentless focus on excellence combined with our ongoing commitment to innovation and R&D has driven us to become the #1 manufacturer of windows, vinyl siding, insulated metal panels, metal roofing and wall systems, and metal accessories. We believe every building we create, and every part of that building, positively contributes to communities where people live, work and play.
The Ellenboro Quality Technician will assist the Quality Manager in meeting Quality Department objectives outlined in the Quality Management System and Departmental Vision. Strong relationships will be required with a broad range of people including QA techs at all plants, Production Manager, Production, Inventory, Safety, Maintenance, Engineering and Suppliers.
Can be a Day Shift or a Night Shift opening.
- Maintain compliance with all EHS/5S protocols. Report any safety violations or issues immediately for prompt resolution.
- Maintain appropriate attendance, conduct and performance levels of the position according to the quality tech guidelines.
- Organize and maintain all work areas in a neat and orderly fashion. Promote good housekeeping within assigned areas and participate in 5S event(s).
- Lead by example. Strive for continuous improvement in all aspects of quality activities.
- Communicate regularly to associates and supervision regarding status of line quality and Tier 1 data.
- Coordinate and/or provide Win SPC training for quality associates.
- Coordinate and/or provide quality training, including CTQ's, SOP's, Work Instructions and Win SPC, for production associates as needed.
- Provide support to production on various quality matters/concerns.
- Communicate effectively with other QA techs, associates, group leaders, supervisors and managers regarding pertinent issues.
- Lead/Participate in 8D & A3 projects and keep Quality Managers involved with the status of projects for communication and assistance.
- Collect data for 8D & A3 projects and work on COQ and CI projects as assigned.
- Update work instructions/visual aids as assigned.
- Collect and record data for certifications as required.
- Assist QM in maintaining quality management system.
- Perform all necessary quality audits on production activities then effectively document and communicate the results; Win SPC plant monitor, 3D & Line Audits.
- Perform gauge checks.
- Investigate and communicate defective material/components issues; DMR process.
- Answer line calls as defined in the line call process.
- Perform first article inspections following the first article inspection process.
- Participate with new product launches by serving on launch teams as the quality representative.
- Monitor OOC conditions, Root Cause and Corrective Actions in Win SPC.
- Pull Win SPC data for individuals as needed.
- Perform run-offs on new equipment.
- Perform and evaluate gauge R&R on operators.
- All other duties as assigned by the Quality Managers.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Good communication and written skills
- Strong Interpersonal Skills: Establish and maintain business relationships with internal or external customers and suppliers.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common statistical data, productivity reports, and supporting documents.
- Ability to read drawings
- Ability to help define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Some knowledge of problem-solving tools such as Brainstorming, 5 Why, Fishbone diagram, A3, 8D, etc.
- Computer Skills: Word, Excel, Outlook, and Internet applications. Ability to become proficient with WSOE, WBOX, WRRS, DMR, etc.
- Use of measuring devices, including tape measures, calipers, micrometers, protractors, etc.
- Self-starter who can work independently and/or in a team environment.
- High School Diploma/GED required, college experience or degree a plus.
- One to three years in a manufacturing setting desired.
- Minimum 1-year experience at Simonton preferred.
We have been made aware of multiple scams whereby unauthorized individuals are using Cornerstone Building Brand's name and logo to solicit potential job-seekers for employment. In some cases, job-seekers are being contacted directly, both by phone and e-mail. In other instances, these unauthorized individuals are placing advertisements for fake positions with both legitimate websites and fabricated ones. These individuals are typically promising high-paying jobs with the requirement that the job-seeker send money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees. Please be advised that Cornerstone Building Brands will never ask potential job-seekers for any sort of advance payment or bank account information as part of the recruiting or hiring process.
- Job Family Quality
- Pay Type Hourly