Posted on May 5, 2021 by CV-Library
A global leader in what they do, with worldwide distribution channels. Their headquarters are in Broadstairs, on a 4.5-hectare site incorporating high-tech manufacturing and research and development facilities.
To lead and implement an engineering strategy that will provide continual incentive to the site’s growth and operational efficiency. With a focus on H&S, Compliance, Quality and efficiency this is a key role within the Operation.
Key responsibilities and tasks
* Lead the engineering function to ensure legal compliance is appropriately interpreted, requirements set, with rigorous implementation and follow up to drive standards and ensure effectiveness
* Control, and develop a modern planned preventative maintenance system focused on delivering a high-quality service provision targeting zero breakdowns
* Develop a detailed stratification of both plant and equipment to identify critical machines and components, ensuring high operational availability with strong levels of cost control that are logical and justifiable
* Diagnosis of running faults and breakdowns using ‘root cause’ analysis tools which are utilised to ensure effective repairs and continuous improvement learning opportunities are systematically captured
* Liaise with external contractors on specific repairs/maintenance work
* Lead CAPEX projects and major installation/improvement works
* Control plant maintenance, spares and consumable costs in line with budget, ensuring critical stock levels are maintained
* Share Site Main Controller responsibilities and provide leadership and HSE expertise when responding to a site emergency event both during and outside normal office hours
Skills and Experience
* A degree qualified professional in Mechanical, Electrical or Process engineering
* Experience of working on a COMAH site is desirable
* In depth understanding of Health & Safety regulation and compliance
* Ability to critically review and monitor KPI's
* Excellent leadership and mentoring skills
* Experience of involvement in change management projects
* Attention to detail
Remuneration & Benefits
* Competitive Basic Salary
* Excellent holiday entitlement & benefits
* The opportunity to work and potentially progress within an extremely reputable market leading organisation.
Only suitable candidates will be directly contacted about this position and we will not store or process the data of candidates in any way unless consent has been obtained
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£40 - £50 Hourly
£50k - £55k Annual
£65k - £80k Annual
£50k - £60k Annual
£50k - £55k Annual
£60k - £62k Annual