Posted on May 5, 2021 by CV-Library
Application Solutions Architect
FULLY Remote with 1 day a week in office based in Cheltenham
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Applications Architect with a proven and solid software development background and good stakeholder management.
The Applications Architect will have a deep understanding of AWS components and product features as well as Microsoft technologies (Azure, O365, SharePoint, Windows Server, Active Directory, DNS) and .Net architectures, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, and MySQL database technologies.
The Applications Architect will work with the Reform Working Group, Internal Operations, Marketing Manager and Enterprise Architecture for the Admissions Reform initiative started by the government, providing architectural analysis and design in support of product definition, business case proposals, impact of change, and SAFe portfolio level breakdown of epics & features.
The Application / Solutions Architect is responsible for ‘translating’ business requirements into IT solutions, taking into account the complexity of existing systems, through effective negotiation of the priority of scope and requirements, to help the organisation get best value from its IT investment.
Skills, qualifications, and experience:
* Deep understanding of AWS components and product features.
* Microsoft technologies (Azure, O365, SharePoint, Windows Server, Active Directory, DNS) and .Net architectures.
* Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, and MySQL database technologies.
* Drupal content management system.
* Understanding of Salesforce CRM.
* Atlassian (Jira, Confluence, BitBucket).
* Knowledge of agile ways of working, specifically scaled agile (SAFe).
* Knowledge of service management best practice based on ITIL V3.
* Translate business requirements into cost-effective IT solutions, taking into account the complexity of existing systems, working with a number of technologies including, but not limited to, AWS, Microsoft, Salesforce, and Drupal.
* Support the development of the overall IT strategy and technical architectural blueprint.
* Analyse enterprise architecture artefacts and validate the completeness of technical and business requirements for the purpose of designing sound technical solutions and services, highlighting inconsistencies and gaps.
* Develop and ensure compliance to technical architecture standards and policies (across application, integration, data, and security layers), as aligned with enterprise architecture standards and policies.
* Design technical solutions and services to meet business and operational requirements.
* Ensure that technology architecture roadmaps and blueprints are developed, maintained, and integrated within the process of the overall IT strategy development and technology planning, including service transition.
* Define architectural considerations across data, applications, infrastructure, integration, interfaces, security, scalability, and performance, as well as product transition and support documentation.
* Produce options and, where necessary, conduct feasibility studies, for delivery of the business requirements and key non-functional requirements.
* Estimate the cost of implementing requirements and advising on high risk/high cost/complex solution/service aspects where these could be omitted/reduced, or where requirement change could result in a more cost-effective and lower risk implementation.
* Utilise the overall IT architecture strategy to recommend project delivery approach, typically reuse, package purchase, in-house build, or outsourced build.
* Accountable for the production of system designs, according to agreed design standards and patterns, while taking account of the differing requirements of in-house and outsource development approaches.
* Set functional, non-functional, and architectural acceptance criteria, and evaluate potential products against those criteria.
* Maintain a holistic understanding of technology and services estate, and specific IP.
* Work with the Enterprise Architecture Team, to define and maintain the overall IT architecture, applications portfolio, architecture vision, and design patterns, and promote these within IT, and to the business.
* Provide consultancy services to the business teams, to help the business maximise the capability from current and future IT technologies.
* Track and understand emerging technologies. and advise on the use of them while developing solution designs.
* Provide consultancy services to IT functions in customer groups, to support their technical queries.
Skills, qualifications, and experience:
Deep understanding of AWS components and product features.
Microsoft technologies (Azure, O365, SharePoint, Windows Server, Active Directory, DNS) and .Net architectures.
Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, and MySQL database technologies.
Drupal content management system.
Understanding of Salesforce CRM.
Atlassian (Jira, Confluence, BitBucket).
Knowledge of agile ways of working, specifically scaled agile (SAFe).
Knowledge of service management best practice based on ITIL V3.
A high degree of personal initiative, with the drive and ability to meet challenging goals and work closely with developers.
Flexibility to recognise, adapt, and work effectively within diverse situations, with various individuals or groups with differing perspectives and objectives.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with an ability to influence stakeholders up to Director level, and across the organisation.
The ability to perform well under pressure, with strong problem-solving and negotiating skills.
Possess determination and persistence.
Experience of using AWS to integrate applications.
Demonstrate strong analytical ability and attention to detail
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£34k - £65k Annual
£80k - £85k Annual
£85k - £90k Annual